Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another Week

Dear Family,

This has been a quick week. It seems like I just wrote to you yesterday. The
time is starting to go by quickly. I have just under 7 weeks left at the
CCM(MTC). I can´t wait to leave and go to Uruguay. The MTC is great I´m
really enjoying it. Everyonr here is so awesom. The Latinos are hilarious.
There is never a dull moment when they are around. The Spanish is coming
along good. It gets frustratng at times because the teahcers are just
throwing gobs and gobs of stuff at us. I´m taking it all in slowly but
surely. We´ve been working on lessoon one the last two weeks. Elder Marchant
and I can teach the first lesson without cards now, in Spanish of course. We
can´t say everything that we want to because we don´t have a big enough
vocabulary yet, but we know enough to get the point across. Pretty soon I
should be able to carry on a conversation with the Latinos without looking
like an idiot.

The CCM has bidets, but only on my floor. I used one. It was interesting,
that´s all I have to say.

Last Saturday we went proselyting. It was so cool. We all got different
areas throughout the city. Elder Marchant and I were about 10 minutes from
the temple. Our area was right next to the "NO ZONE". Missionaries aren´t
aloud there obviously. I really enjoyed it. In Argentina, almost every house
has a gate around it. Usually there is a doorbell on the mailbox. If there
isn´t we have to clap. Elder Marchant and I did that alot. The first house
we went to was a rejection, of course. We talked to a lot of people. We had
to use our cards though because our Spanish was still bad, but we did
alright. I can´t wait to go out this Saturday.

Today we are going to listen to Elder Bednar. He is in the area for a
mission conference. All the missionaries in Argentina get to listen to him.
I´m really excited to go. It will be cool to see all of the missionaries. We
weren´t even supposed to go but President Wilson made sure we goto to go.

I have a pretty interesting story. Elder Barrera, one of the Latinos here
was originally called to Romania. Then 5 days before he left, he got a
letter from President Monson saying his call had been switched to Urugauy. I
thought was cool because it confirms to me that we really go where we are
needed.

We sang our first Christmas song in class. We were all upset about it. It
was pretty funny.

I´m running out of time so I´ll say more in a letter home.

I love you all,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment