Thursday, November 12, 2009

One week down

Hello everyone,
This has been quite the week. It has also been going by very slow. It´s
starting to go by faster now. Time to answer questions. I did bring some
melaleuca lotion. The spanish is coming along pretty good. We´ve learned the
first two principles of lesson one in spanish. We have also learned how to
testify, pray, greet someone, and invite them to church. It´s pretty hard
remembering everything because the teachers are constantly throwing it at
us. It´s still going pretty good though. I don´t remember if I told you, but
my companion in Elder Marchant. He is from Missouri. He´s a pretty good kid.
There are actually nine elders in my district, not five like I said before.
When I talking in the phone in Dallas, some more missionaries showed up.
Anyways, this Saturday we are going out proselyting for the first time. We
are only going out for two hours. We go out every Saturday. The first two
Saturdays are for two hours and then after that it´s for seven hours. I´m
really excited for that.
The food is pretty good. There have only been a few things that I didn´t
like. We had a zucchini casserole for lunch one day. It was gross. The
cereal isn´t very good, but I´ll survive. Other than that it´s been good.
All of the teachers don´t speak very good english so it can be pretty
interesting in class. We know enough spanish at this point to understand
most of what they say.
I found out why I am at the Argentina MTC(CCM). The North Americans going to
the two Urugay missions are the ones that come here. New missionaries get
here every three weeks. It switches off between Montevideo and Montevideo
West. So in three weeks they will be another batch of North Americans going
to Montevideo West. It´s been raining off and on so that´s pretty nice.
We are in the same compound as the temple. Unfortunately, as I said, we
don´t get to go because the temple is closed. I found at that we have part
of Montevideo is in our mission
Mom could you send me one of the black name tags in the hutch. I only have
one because the clipon ones are unavailable at the moment. Also could you
send me some ugly ties because we do an ugly trade every week. Those need to
be sent in a padded envelope because boxes don´t get here. If you can´t send
it it´s alright.
I´m out of time so until next week, I love you all.

Love Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment