Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Dear Family,
Happy Thanksgiving. I hope it´s fun. I´m was sad this morning
because I didn´t get to go to the Turkey Bowl. That´s alright though because
we are goig to have today. All the North Americans have planned it. I´m
pretty excited because it´ll be a nice change from soccer. We play it every
day during Physical Activity time. It´ll be nice to play something
different.
The new missionaries got here this morning. There are 22 new Latinos
and 5 new North Americans. I´m jealous because thier first meal was turkey
and mashed potatoes. My first meal was a spinach empanada thing. It was
gross. Anyways, I´m excited they´re here because now, I´m not the little one
anymore. I now know more spanish than someone else. It´s great. We were by
ourselves Tuesdat and Wednesday. It was so quiet and boring. On top of that
we had an English fast yesterday(Wednesday). That made it more boring
because no one in my district was really talking because we couldn´t speak
English. It was a hard fast. We´re going to do one again in a couple of
weeks. Maybe by then we´ll know more Spanish so we can speak with each other
more.
Last Thursday all of the Buenos Aires missionaries got to go and
listen to Elder Bednar.I lied in my letter. I t wasn´t all of the Argentina
missionaries. It was a great experience. Elder Bednar let us ask him any
questions. There were some intense questions, but it was cool how he
answered the questions. The Spirit there was so strong. I loved it.
Hopefully I´ll be able to here a general authority again before I go home.
Funny story. At the meeting there was a translator so the Latinos could
understand. At the beginning Sister Bednar was talking and she had some
missionaries come up and bear their testimonies. One of them was from Utah.
He tried to start in English but he couldn´t remember anything so he ended
up saying it in Spanish. So the Spanish translator had to translate it into
English. It was really funny. I hope my Spanish is that good. I want to know
it so well that I forget how to talk in English.
This Saturday will be our first time going out proselyting for 7
hours. I´m really excited for that. It´s going to be a lot harder though. I
feel comfortable enough speaking in Spanish though. It should be a good
experience. We have been practicing really hard for it this week so
hopefully it goes well. Our teacher always tells us that as long as we have
the Spirit with us then we don´t have to worry. The words will be there.
This week, Elder Marchant and I have been praying for the Spirit alot and
we´re going to keep praying for the Spirit.
Tomorrow is Milestone Day. We have our last English one. After that
it´s all Spanish. It should be quite the experience. We know enough Spanish
to get by though so I´m not too worried.
I think that´s about it for now. If I think of more to say then I´ll
send a letter. I hope your Thanksgiving is great. I´m jealous I´m not there
but, I´ll live. Thanks for all the letters. I really look forward to
Thursdays because I can´t to read my emails and write home. I never knew how
important letters could be. Tell everyone to send me letters, especially
people from church. It´d be nice to here from them. I love it here and I
love being a missionary. Until next week, I love you all.

Love
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment