Monday, April 5, 2010

I love conference

Dear Family,

How`s everything going? How was Easter? How was conference? I loved it. It was awesome. I learned a lot. President Monson`s talk Sunday morning was awesome. Remember the story he told about Jason, the boy in the hospital? Remember that picture they showed of Jason at the hospital with his brother when he opened his mission call? His name is Kyle Gurr, the one that got his mission call. He was at the MTC the same time as me. He is in the other mission in Uruguay . He is a good kid. He told me the story of his brother one Sunday. I knew exactly who President Monson was talking about before he showed the picture. It was neat that President Monson used that story in his talk. Elder Andersen`s talk was also great. I liked that he used the story of the Forrests. That was a very powerful talk. That family has had a hard time, but they chose to react in a positive way. Those talks were even better because they were more personal. This was a great conferene. I can`t wait for October.

Easter was good. It`s a big deal here. The whole week before Easter is a holiday. It`s nuts. It`s so busy. Last week was a slow week for missionaries here. It was changes plus Easter. This week should be a lot better. I really like my new area. My area is the center of the city. The people are good though. There are six Elders that live in our house. We live on the seventh floor. It`s pretty cool. The zone leaders live in the house so it`s always crazy. It`s fun though. It`s starting to really cool down. It`s getting really chilly. I`m going to be using my sweaters in a couple of weeks.

I was given some tips about sending packages. You need to send packages in the USPS flat rate boxes. Those get through about 90% of the time. Customs won`t open them because it takes too long. Next time you send a package, do it that way. I did get the candy and pepto. Thanks. They will be out to good use. Oh ya, about the waterproof bag, don`t worry about. I found some here. Don`t worry about sending one. If it was already sent, oh well.

I think that`s about it for this week. I guess I get to talk to you all in a month. Wow. Oh ya, today is my five month mark. That doesn`t seem like a lot, but it has flown by. All the other missionaries tell me it just gets faster. It better slow down. Anyways, I love you all.

Love,

Elder Ethan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment