Monday, August 9, 2010

Greetings from Elder Jones

Saludos Familia Jones,



How is everything? The Jamboree like it was fun, of course. I loved the Jamboree. There are actually quite a few missionaries that went on the 2005 Jamboree. I keep them up to date on everything. It sounds like it was memorable. I`m not surprised Obama didn`t go. I`m looking forward to getting that letter, Dad.

School starts this week. Summer went by fast. That probably makes you happy, Mom, because now you have the house to yourself again. I wish I was still in school. Those days were easy. Life just gets harder after graduating. It`s rewarding but harder. Anyways, Cameron and Weston, enjoy it while it lasts.

How hot is it there? Has it been a wet monsoon season? It`s still nice and cold here. Everyone says that it gets pretty cold the beginning of August and then it starts to warm up. By the end of this change, the weather should be nice. It`s ironic that it`s colder in our house than outside our house. Insulation does not exist down here. I think the only buildings that have insulation are the church buildings.

We had terrible numbers last week. There was a reason for that. Elder Watson got some stomach thing. He wasn`t deathly sick. He was just sick enough that we couldn`t go out and work. This morning, he woke up and said he felt great. That makes me happy. Now we can get to work again. On Friday, we went to a wedding for a member. I think I talked about it last week. The weddings here are weird. First off, a lady did it. It went really fast too. They don`t say the same things that are said in a normal American wedding. It was cool though. The couple was happy. This was the first wedding that I`ve ever been to. Afterwards, we went to a party at their house. The wife is a member, and we`re teaching the husband. His name is Antonio. He didn`t go to church yesterday. We`re going to go back and have another lesson with him this week.

What else is new? Next week, Elder Arnold(area president) is coming and doing zone conferences here in our mission. I don`t know what he is going to talk about. It should be good though.

What else? Kira had finally had her baby. Tell Greg and Kira felicitaciones for me. Annie is almost here. Another niece. I guess that`s alright. Haha. I saw your picture Jenny. It`s weird to see you pregnant, I`m ot gonna lie. I thought the same thing when Emilie and Valerie first got pregnant. Anyways once again, felicitaciones.

Oh quick little note. President Eyring`s granddaughter is here now. She is one of the oros(greenies) that got here last week.

Anyways, I think that`s about it for this week. Until next week...

Les quiero,

Elder Ethan Jones

P.S. Happy Anniversary on Friday Mom and Dad. Thanks for everything that you`ve done for me. I hope you have a great day.

P.P.S.Happy Anniversary on Wednesday Jenny and Paul. I hope you have a great day, as well.

P.P.S. This is my address in case you don`t have it:


Elder Ethan Jones

La Misiòn Uruguay Montevideo Oeste

1167 Enrique Martìnez

Montevideo , Uruguay

C.P. 11.800

No comments:

Post a Comment