Monday, December 20, 2010

¡FELIZ NAVIDAD!

Dear Everyone,

What`s up? ¡FELIZ NAVIDAD! First off, before I forget, I`ll probably be calling around 11 o`cclock your time. My comp is calling first so whenever he gets done, I`ll call. I figure it`ll be around 11. I`ll call to give you my number then you can call back. I assume you`ll get a phone card. That`s that.

So the work is good. We found two investigators last week. They`re awesome. They are two ladies. We still have to meet their husbands. Their names are Gladys and Cecilia. The lesson with Gladys was weird at first. First off, she let us in without any struggle. That never happens. We asked some questions about her family. Her answers were usually "yes" and "no". It felt like we were interrogating her. It was cool though. She committed to get baptzed in January. We almost had an investigator in Church yesterday. We had a great lesson with our investigator Elizabeth Saturday night. We talked about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. She said she would go to Church. Yesterday morning we went to pick her up to take her to Church. Unforetunately she got called into work unexpectedely. That`s life. I wish she could have come because Presidente and Hermana Heaton showed at our ward yesterday. It`s cool though. She committed to get baptized in January as well. It looks like January is going to be a good month.

Christmas is going to be fun. In the morning, we`re watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"(live-ation one) as a zone. After that, I`ll be calling home. Apparently we`re spending the night at our district leader`s apartment. President Heaton asked us not to do that but we really don`t have a choice because all the city transportation will be shut down on Christmas. We`d have to walk for a long time to go watch the movie. Anyways, it should be a fun day.

I have a few questions. First, can someone ask the Hulseys if Tyler is getting my letters. I`ve sent a few, but I never get any back. If not, I`ll have to find a different way to write to him. Also I`m looking for a new Bible. The LDS edition is a little big to lug around so I`m trying to find a smaller one. Could you put about 20 bucks in my account. That should cover it. I had to use my other personal money on other stuff. It`s getting reimbursed though. That`s all. Gracias.

As you can see I`m sending some pictures home. I took these within the last month or so. Last week at interviews Hermana Heaton had us act out the Nativity. I was a sheperd. Elder Longfellow was a wise man. Papà Noel decided to drop by as well. We all got to take pictures with him. The big building is Uruguay`s capitol building. Their legislature meets there.

Anyways that`s all for now. I`ll talk to you on Saturday.

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment