Tuesday, December 7, 2010

You the man Cameron

Dear Family,

What`s up? You`re the big man Cameron. I can`t believe you`re already twelve. That makes me feel old. You have the priesthood now. That`s awesome. I hope your birthday was fun. ¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS! Next year we`ll do something fun on your birthday.

I`ll answer questions first. About the calling: I have to go to the phone company and figure how you guys call down here. The phone system changed here a few months ago. Elder Longfellow and I are going ot figure that out today. I`ll let you know next week. FYI: I`m pretty sure Uruguay is five hours ahead of Arizona right now. You guys cancheck that to make sure.

It`s looking like Christmas down here. Christmas lights don`t seem to be as big, at least in the city. A lot of stores have decorations. The only difference is the heat. Christmas in the heat is weird. It`s supposed to be chilly outside. I`m sure the Uruguayos would think that Christmas in the U.S. is weird since it`s cold.

Congrats to Krysten. She got that taken care of quick. No sense in waiting I suppose.

Uruguay is the same. It`s nice and hot. Summer hasn`t technically started yet. To me it`s already here. Chnages are today. That`s why I didn`t write yesterday. I`m staying in Sayago with Elder Longfellow. I`ve learned a lot from him. He`s crazy but a good missionary. He talks about dirty stuff sometimes so we`ll see if I can`t fix that. It should be fun. I can`t believe this change will take us in to 2011. Where did the last year go? Time is going by way too fast. We`re pretty much starting with nothing this change. We`ve lost most of our investigators. Nelly. our best one, dropped us like a hot potato yesterday. She`s always so nice, but yesterday she wasn`t herself. I don`t know what happened. She was progressing really well. She was reading the Book of Mormon and understanding it. Her sister is Catholic and doesn`t like us so I`m thinking her sister finally got to her. We planted the seed though. Future missionaries can harvest it. That`s missionary work. I reread Alma 26:27 yesterday to boost my spirits. It always helps. All I can do is do my duty and be patient. It`ll all work out in the end.

How was the First Presidency Christmas Devotional? We didn`t watch it. It got broadcast at 11o`clock Uruguay time. It`s getting shown in the stake center this Sunday. Elder Longfellow and I are going to try and take an investigator because I want to watch it.

We ate at an awesome restaurant today. It`s a Mexican grill just like Costa Vida or Chipotle. It was amazing. It`s owned by Americans. A few weeks this older guy stopped a group of us missionaries and told us to go check it out. We finally found it and ate there. We talked with the owner`s son, Brian. It was fun talking in English. They have eleven of these restaurants all over South America . He gave all sorts of deals. We talked a little about the Church. He knows a lot about us. His best friend growing up in Colorado was a member. He went to Church with him a few times. He`lldefenitely get baptized someday. We will defenitely be going back there again. It was a taste of home.

That`s it for now. Have a good week. I love you all.

Peace out,
Elder Jones

Address:
Elder Ethan Jones
La Misiòn Uruguay Montevideo Oeste
Enrigue Martìnez 1167
Montevideo , Uruguay
C.P. 11.800

No comments:

Post a Comment