Monday, December 13, 2010

¡What a Week!

Dear Family,



¡What a week! First off the weather is crazy right now. It rained a lot last week and really cooled down. It almost feels like winter again. From what you all say the weather is weird there too. We can all enjoy a nice, warm Christmas together. We`ve really been having a lot of success. We lost a lot of investigators, however we`ve been finding some really legit new ones. On Saturday, we found a lady named Elizabeth . We contacted at the beginning of last change. We went by her house every now and then but she always blew us off. About a week ago we went to her house again and she was once again busy, however she said to come back on Saturday, so we did. We got there about eight. We got to know her. The guy she lives with showed up and we talked with him as well. He left to go cook something though. By the time we started teaching, it was almost 9. Honestly I wanted to go home because we get home late every night. From her house it takes us about ten minutes to get home. We wouldn`t have had time to teach a good lesson and get home on time. I just wanted to set up another appointment. I can`t do anything about it though because I`m not senior comp. The lesson went well though. I didn`t talk at first because I was upset. I didn`t want to break the rules. I started talking though and the lesson went well. She understood everything and she accepted to get baptized in January. We did get home late but I guess it was worth it.



I met an old investigator for the first time yesterday. He`s been investigating the Church for over ten years. He already has a testimony. He always reads the Book of Mormon. He is also reading "Teachings of Presidents of the Church:Spencer W. Kimball". He loves Presicent Kimball. He just feels he`s not ready to get baptized. While talking to him Mosiah 18:8-20 popped into my head so we read it. It was perfect. He still was being stubborn though. He`s a super nice guy. He asked me what I thought of him. I said, "You`re ready to get baptized. I don`t know why you`re not." We`ll see what happens with him. That`s the update on the work.



There weren`t very many people in Church yesterday because it was raining. The Uruguayos don`t go to Church if it`s raining. It`s funny.



I saw the coolest thing last Friday. We were eating lunch with Hermana Dulcinea, a recent convert(FYI she cooks really well, as well as you do Mom). From her table, we can inside the bathroom. Anyways her cat walks into the bathroom and does its business on the bidet. It stood on the back of the bidet and rested its front legs against the wall and did its business. I wish I had my camera so I could get a picture of it. Hermana Dulcinea says it`s always done that. One of the coolest things I`ve ever seen. It reminded of the scene in "Meet the Parents".



About the calling, I`ll proably call you guys around 10 o`clock your time. My number is 011-598-2305-0089. Elder Longfellow is calling first so when he finishes I`ll call you to say it`s safe to call. That way you won`t interrupt Elder Longfellow during is call. To answer your question Jenny, I`m not sure if I can call you. Interviews with the President are tomorrow so I`ll ask him and let you know next week.



Thanks fro sending the package. I`mnot sending one home. It`s too expensive. I`ll just bring a bunch of stuff home. I did a Christmas card today though. I`ll get that in the mail tomorrow. It should get there before Christmas. There wasn`t a big selection so I hope you all like it.



Have a good week. Talk to ya`ll later.



Love,

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment