Monday, November 29, 2010

Lots to Talk About

Dear Everyone,

Where to begin? First off thanks for the testimonies. Hermana Heaton wants us to put them in copies of The Book of Mormon. So I`m going to type them all up, make some copies of them, and glue them in the books. I think it`s a really cool idea. Anyways keep the testimonies coming. Gracias.

I can`t believe December starts this week. Cameron you`re turning twelve. Christmas is in a few weeks. Where does the time go? I have to figure out the calling information. The numbers here changed so I have to go figure out what to do. I will get that info to you.

Thanksgiving was interesting. It all started a few weeks ago. The zone leaders had thought about having a zone lunch on Thanksgiving. We all said, "Cool. Let`s do it." A week before Thanksgiving, it still wasn`t planned. I don`t know what the zone leaders were doing. Elder Longfellow talked to the zone leaders and our district leader last Wednesday at zone conference to figure out what we were doing. They said they had district service and that the whole zone lunch was off. That was dumb because we are part of the district and we weren`t invited. Plus they said that President Heaton didn`t want anyone leaving their areas. Most of us think they made that up. Anyways that night we found out that that Elder Longfellow and I and two other missionaries weren`t invited because we lived "too far away". We looked at a map and realized we live just a little bit further. It takes the zone leaders and our district leaders just about the same time to get there on a bus. Anyways Elder Longfellow and I said, " I don`t think so. We`re going to enjoy Thanksgiving." Our zone leaders and district leader ate together. They had to leave their area to go to the restaurant which was one of the reasons why we couldn`t go. Didn`t make sense. The two of us got together with some other Elders. We had to wait for the zls and dl to finish eating and then we went. They still don`t know that the two of us went and that`s how it`s going to stay. We ate at a chinese buffet. It was pretty good. It was no turkey dinner but it was good enough.

Your Thanksgiving sounded fun with all the grandkids. Did everyone enjoy my piece of pie? Did anyone go to the Turkey Bowl? If not you`re bums. How was the parade? I hope you all took pictures that you can sen me.

About the money. Whenever you send me money Mom I just take it out because the dollar`s value is always changing. I don`t want to risk the dollar losing a lot of value and me losing money. I take it out and hide it. Plus there are quite a few places that don`t accept cards. That`s why it looks like I never have money. Don`t worry though. I do. I get plenty of money every month. I have everything I need. Now I`m going to buy a shaver. That should save some time in the morning. Shaving is not fun. If you read this, Thanks Grandma and Grandpa.

The work is going well. We have a pretty big teaching pool. The problem in this area is that we can never find our investigators again. We find them and have a great lesson and then we`re never able to find them again. We`re doing well though. We have some investigaotrs that are progressing. We found an awesome Catholic family last week. That was awesome becasue most Catholics never let us in. They`re some really stubborn people. Most aren`t aren`t open to learning more. This family was though. they didn`t seem to interested at the beginning of the lesson but as time went on the mom started saying, "You know I`ve seen your churches and I`ve always wondered what you believe." They committed to read The Book of Mormon. At the end of the lesson, we got the dad to pray. At first, he felt uncomfortable doing it so I did an example and then he said one. It was short, sweet, and to the point. We have a lesson with them on Wednesday. Their name is familia Olivera. Our investigator Nelly isn`t progressing very much any more. We haven`t been able to get in and have a real lesson with her. We always have to stand at her gate. We`re thinking about dropping her pretty soon if she doesn`t make some progress. We`ve been changing the way we talk with people. We`ve been really persistent. We don`t take no for an answer. We`ve been having a lot of success because of it.

Well that`s it for this week. Make sure the Christmas lights look awesome. Make me proud. Everyone make it a good week. Until next week...

Les quiero,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment