Monday, November 1, 2010

Time Goes By Fast

Dear Family,

Well, I never thought the day would come, but it did. Where has the last year gone? I still feel like I have so much more to learn. It`s going to take two years to learn how to do everything and then I`m going to get sent home. I guess all I can do is keep learning and doing my duty and leave the rest up to the Lord.

Last week was good. We found some good, solid investigators. Our best investigator is a man named Andrès. He`s a stud(We missionaries call cool people studs, FYI). We`ve had one lesson with him. We have another lesson with him tomorrow night. He accepted the baptism invitation if he knows that the church is true. We read the last two paragraphs of the introduction to Book of Mormon with him. We told him that, if he really wants to know, he will receive an answer.

We had some good contacts last week. We met one man named Carlos. His wife recently died and he was sad about that, of course. We started tlaking about the Plan of Salvation. He doesn`t believe in anything. We chatted for a while and told him that he needs to pray to know that the Plan of Salvation is real. He kept rejecting the invitation and then he finally said that he didn`t know how to pray. We taught him how to pray. He changed after that. He was open, I think. We chatted a little while longer. I felt the Spirit while we were talking to him. I think he felt it to. I think he was a little afraid to let the Spirit in. I think he changed after we talked about prayer. That was a neat experience.

I`m going to send home some pictures. I`m pretty sure this is the first time I`ve sent pictures home. I sent home my group photo from the MTC but that`s it. Better late than never I always say. The computer I`m using is really slow so I`m only sending home a few. I`ll send home more next week.

I`m out of time again. I hope everyone has a good week. Good luck with the musical, young women stuff, school stuff, stake stuff. mounty stuff, and all the other stuff you all do. See ya later.

Les quiero,
Elder Jones


I forgot to talk about Halloween. It wasn`t anything amazing. There were kids out. A lot of them were dressed up the same. Their costumes weren`t very creative. Everyone was done trick-or-treating by eightish. Elder Longfellow and I were going to buy some cheap masks and go by some members` houses and ask for candy, but it never happened. We were too poor to buy masks. Maybe next year.

Anyways, Halloween in the U.S. is better, I think.

Now I`m finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment