Monday, October 25, 2010

Another Interesting Change Coming Up

Dear Family,

How`s everyone doing? How`s life way up yonder? All is well down here in tiny, little Uruguay . My new area is alright. My comp, Elder Longfellow, is an interesting fellow. He`s got quite the potty mouth. He`s got about six months left. He`s super trunky. He talks a lot about girls. I can tell it`s going to be an interesting change. He works though so that`s good.

Yesterday, we had a big regional conference. It was for all the stakes in Uruguay and Paraguay . Elder Costa of the Seventy, Sister Stevens from the Primary General Presidency, Elder Ballard, and President Packer spoke. They broadcasted it from the Conference Center . The translators had some crazy accents and it took a little bit for me to get used to their accent. It was good though.

It`s defenitely warming up down here. Luckily I`m in Montevideo so it`s not as hot. Last summer was terrible. I was in the hottest place in the country right in the middle of summer. That will probably happen again. I`ll get sent up north right in the middle of summer. Oh well.

To answer the question, I never got my memory card back. It`s gone. I don`t have the pictures from the first six months of my mission. Oh well. The memory card I have now is being stupid as well. I don`t know what`s up with all my camera stuff. I hope it stops being stupid. I might actually consider getting a new camera. I`m going to look around and see if there`s a cheap one. I`ll get back to you on that one.

The ward is changing. The Roberts were in the ward when I left. I never got to know them but I knew who they were. Last weekend sounded fun for some and busy for others. I have one question though. Who was your date Weston? Did she enjoy it? You`ve probably already been on more dates than me. My little brother is showing me up. Anyways who won the homecoming game? Who did Mesa play? Was it Westwood again? If it was we probably won. Are the Rangers and the Gianta the two teams in the World Series? I probably won`t see any of that down here. No one likes baseball because no one understands it. It`s fun trying to explain it because it goes right over their heads. Keep me up to date on that. I know you`ll do a good job at that Cameron.

I don`t know if Halloween is really big down here. There are stores that have Halloween decorations. I don`t know how big it will be. I don`t think we`re going to celebrate. I guess we can get some candy and celebrate by eating it. It`s probably more fun in the states. I`ll let you all know how it is. Thanksgiving, however, is this change. We are planning a big party for that. We just got our new ovens so we`re going to put them to use by cooking a turkey. Can you give me a good turkey recipe Mom? You`re an expert at that. Also can you send me a good apple pie recipe. You`re an expert at that too. We`re going all out for Thanksgiving. My last Thanksgiving I was in the MTC and it was lame. This one is going to be better. Also can you send me a good recipe for scones. We have a recipe but it`s not a good one. Scones are pretty popular down here so we eat them a lot and I want a good recipe. Gracias.

I`m glad tohear that the missionary work is going well. The work sounds great there. I wish it was the same here. Tell everyone to keep working hard. Everything willwork out in the end. If we`re trying our hardest, the Lord will lead us to those who are ready to accept the gospel. Pray for those opportunities and you will all receive them.

So you`re almost the council chairman Dad but without the headaches. I`m sure you love that Mom. Hey at least you`ll get to go to Lancaster County again and buy out all the Amish stores. That`s fun. I would love to go back to the Jamboree some day.

I also need some more insoles. I don`t have the information but I`ll get send the information next week.

Thanks for everything. I love you all. Have a good week and until next time...

Con amor,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment