Monday, October 18, 2010

It`s Finally Pday...and changes as well

Dear Family and anyone who reads my emails,

It`s finally Pday. Our Pday was moved back to today because changes are today. Our last Pday was last Monday so it`s been ten days now. I was so ready for Pday. Today was fun. We went to the temple this morning as a zone. That was fun. I always enjoy going there. It`s also fun to see how much more I understand every time. The endowment is doen in vosotros. (Ask the spanish speakers if any of you don`t know what that means). Anyways sometimes during the endowment, I don`t understand everything right away because I`m not used to hearing people speak in vosotros. No one speaks that here. I`m pretty sure that Spain is the only spanish-speaking country where the people speak in vosotros. Maybe you spanish speakers can sympathize with me, except for Emilie. Haha. Another interesting thing in the temple. A little after the session started, the example couple(not sure whatto call that couple) was at the altar. Alll of the sudden, the wife fainted or something. Her husband caught her and helped her stand up. She looked super pale. Maybe she got sick or something. I don`t know. She and her husband left. That was an interesting experience. It reminded me of Dad`s similar experience. After that, we went to the Distribution Center . I got some new white pants. My other ones were bothering me. I`m not a big fan of CTR Clothing. They were about nine dollars I think. They are a lot better. I also got a couple other things. I put on my debit card. Just so you all know.

Changes are today. They normally wouldn`t be until this coming Tuesday, however, Presidente Heaton has a mission president conference next week in Buenos Aires . So changes are today instead of next week. I`m getting moved again. I`m moving about fifteen minutes away. The area is called Sayago. My new comp is Elder Longfellow. He`s from Utah. He`s a cool kid so I think it should be a fun change. I was surprised. I was expecting to stay. It was fun with Elder Arnett. We were starting to see a little success in our area. I`ll go where I`m called to go.

Stroy time. A couple of days ago an old man stopped us and started talking to us about the U.S. He was asking us about Ronald Reagan. I don`t think he was all there in the head. He was medio loco. He was talking about all sorts of stuff. Then he asked where we were from. Elder Arnett quickly said that he was from Canada . Then he looked and asked the same thing. I also said that I was from Canada . I think that saved us from having to talk more about the U.S. However, later that day we ran into him again and he pretty much begged us to go to his house to his pictures of the U.S. That was the nastiest, grossest house I`ve ever been in. It was terrible. There was dog poop on the ground. There were mosquitos everywhere. I don`t know how he lives in those conditions. He had a bunch of newspaper clippings about the Kennedys and Obama and all sorts of things. We left as quick as we could. Good times in Uruguay .

Moving on. The youth conference sounded fun. That sounded like a cool Book of Mormon activity. I`m working on strengthening my testimony of the Book of Mormon so I testify more powerfully about it. I hope all the youth learned a lot. Was there a big showing form our ward? I`m glad the Eagle Project went well. Time to write it up. Pretty sure it took me a year to write it up. Oh how I remember the nagging. Haha. Get that done quickly Weston.

I got two newsletters last week and was looking through the ward roster. There are a lot of names on there that I don`t recognize. Either I didn`t notice those names before or a lot of people are moving in. I`ve been thinking about writing a little something that can get put in the newsletter. I`m going to try and do that when I have time.

There is a nice razor here for 90 bucks. That sounds expensive to me, but I don`t know how cheap I can go before they start getting crappy. I don`t know how to tell if a razor is good or not. Grandma and Grandpa can send me however much they want. I`ll find something and make it work. My camera will work fine. The problem is it just goes through batteries really fast, but that`s not a big deal. Don`t worry about that. I was thinking about getting a new watch though. The one I have works, but there`s one problem. It has a fabric band and it`s starting to smell. Now that it`s starting to warm up, it`s going to start smelling. I want to find a good inexpensive one with a rubber strap. If you could put some money i my account for that, it would be good. I can find one for twenty dollars. That`s it for that.

Now about my new nephew. I guessed a girl because there have been a lot of girls already. I figured Jenny would add to that number. That`s great that it`s a boy. He`s gonig to have lots of uncles to corrupt him and teach the Jones ways. Awesome. Congratulations Jenny and PJ.

That`s it for this week. Next week will be normal again so I`ll write on Monday. I hope everyone has a good week. I love you all.

Elder Ethan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment