Monday, October 4, 2010

I love General Conference

Dear Family,



How`s going up there? All is well way down here. Conference was awesome to say the least. I learned something from every talk. I had a lot of questions answered. Now I have to put those things in practice. Do remember Elder Arnold? He spoke in the Sunday afternoon session. He`s the area president down here. When he visited our mission. his wife told us that story about that cow. I had forgotten about it until he told it again. What else? Five new temples. I bet Kyle was happy to heat that a temple is getting built in Connecticut . The Church is growing. Temples being built is a sign of that. I`m so excited to get the Liahona next month so I read all those talks again. I saw all the sessions. We watched the priesthood session Sunday morning. Here the priesthood session didn`t start until 9 o`clock because of the time difference. So the members recorded it for us and we watched it Sunday morning. I saw the first half of the first session in Spanish because the TV with the english version wasn`t set up. We had to wait for someone to show up with the keys to the electronics closet. I understood it though so it didn`t make a difference. All in all, it was a great General Conference.



That`s super sad about Brother Clifford. I know Calvin. He`s a great kid. He`s a strong kid and I know he can get through this, especially after hearing all those general conference talks about trusting in the Lord. I hope his family is fine. I`m sure they are because they know where Brother Clifford is.



Weston you`re finally doing your Eagle project. Rock on. What are you doing? To bad I won`t be there to help. Darn. I`m so sad. Haha. Get it done quick.



The water and gas lines are finally getting fixed. Wasn`t that supposed to happen a while ago? I`m glad I`m not there to deal with that mess.



How was the Birthday Bash? It was probably pretty lame since I wasn`there because everyone knows that I`m the life of the party. I`m sure it was still good though.Haha.



Any plans for October Break? It`s a week long now right? Is everyone going to work on the house? Is anything different at the house or does it still look the same?



How`s your job Mom? Where is this store at? Is it just you and Sister Norris?



The only thing I need is the picture of the Mesa temple. Just send it with Dad`s Jamboree letter. I just want a 5 by 7. One that I can keep in my scriptures to show to people. That`s it there.



That`s it for now. Thanks for everything you all do for me. I love you all. Until next week...



Èlder Ethan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment