Monday, September 27, 2010

Another Week Gone

Dear Family,

Wuz up? How`s life for everyone? That`s pretty funny that dad made you give your testimony mom. That happened to me two Sundays ago when I had ten minutes to prepare a talk for sacrament meeting. Good times. How was Uncole Kyle`s breakfast? I always enjoyed those. Are elections coming up soon? If they are, that term went by quick. It sounds like our family is pretty lucky. A lot of you guys( and ladies) won prizes. I missed the primary program. Those are always fun to watch. I remember doing those. I especially remember the one with Sister Eames. "BE ENERGETIC!" "USE YOUR HANDS!" Good times back in 7th Ward. Now there is a new primary presidency. That`s cool. One of these days I need to write a letter to the Riveras. I told them I would when I felt my Spanish was good/well enough.(Spanish is killing my English). Anyways, I `m to the point to where I can do that. I better do that one of these days.

Moving on. Last week was fun and busy. We did a lot of contacting again. We finally found out where some members so now we can start visiting some. That will give us more things to do. We`re working with our investigator Alejandro. He has a lot of problems. He`s so afraid to quit smoking. he dowesn`t think he can do it. We`re trying to encourage him. We think he still doesn`t have his own testimony. He says he believes everything, but he needs to have a personal testimony. We`re really his only friends so he believes anything we say. We are going to have a lesson this week about getting a terstimony and why it`s important to have a testimony. If he has a testimony, then he will be willing to do anything to live the gospel. He will be willing to change his life so he can get baptized. He`s a super nice, humble guy. He`s just too afraid so we`re going to help him overcome that fear and help him learn to trust in the Lord.

The ward here is pretty strong. They rely on the missionaries a lot. A lot of members here do that. We have correlation every week which is great. I`ve never done that in any of my other areas. The members want to see baptisms so we`re going to try and make that happen. Member help is so important in missionary work. As I said, we`ve been knocking a lot doors lately. We get rejected 90 percent of the time. People see us and automatically don`t want to talk to us. That`s why the members need to talk with their friends first and help them understand what the church is. Then we can go and teach them. They will be a lot more likely to let us in. Also, when they get baptized, they will be more likely to stay active because they have friends in the Church. I love Elder Bednar`s quote, "Missionaries are full-time teachers; members are full-time finders". That sums it all up. We`re going to try and emphasize that.

I`m super excited for general conference. The sessions here are at 1 o`clock and 5 o`clock. Priesthood is at 9 o`clock so they`re going ot record it and we`re going to watch it Sunday morning. I want to here a lot about missionary work. I want the members to get excited. Some of us have been guessing about where new temples will be. We think there will be at least one new in South America . We`ll see. Daylight savings starts this Sunday at 2 am. That means I`m losing an hour of sleep. Not cool. Oh well. Què serà serà.

That`s about it for this week. Nothing else to report on, so until next week...

Con amor,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment