Monday, September 6, 2010

Saludos from the 20 year-old

Dearest Family members,



Thanks for the birthday wishes. Yesterday was good. I ended up not telling anyone that it was my birthday. Elder Watson knew of course. He made a card. Elder Da Silva(my trainer) remembered my birthday. Hermana Heaton also called me last night to wish me a happy birthday. We made microwave brownies and ate ice cream. The brownies weren`t as good as usual. We didn`t have enough flour or cocoa, but they still turned out alright. I took some pictures that I`m going to send. Oh and by the way, I hope my birthday dinner was good. It sure sounded good.



We were supposed to do divisions yesterday with the young men. The branch mission leader set it up. He ended up not coming to church yesterday. He was in a little accident earlier in the week so we figured that`s why he didn`t come. Anyways on our way to lunch we had to walk through the feria(that`s like a flea market). While we were walking, we saw him there with his wife. He talked with Elder Watson. He wouldn`t talk to me. He kept whispering things to Elder Watson. Anyways, the point of the story is we didn`t do divisions. I think me and Elder Watson were the only two that remembered.



I finally used my rain suit for the first time last week. It rained all day Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and half of Saturday. I stayed dry though. That was a plus. It made the work harder, though. We had terrible numbers. At least we were out trying to get some things done.



We`re still working with Antonio. He`s progressing slowly. We`re going to start over with lesson one. We`re going to go principle by principle so he understands. He came to church again yesterday. He also said the opening prayer in Gospel Principles. He`s our only solid investigator. We had a special mission fast yesterday. We fasted to be able to find those people who Heavenly Father is preparing to recieve the gospel. We also fasted to be able to apply all the things that Elder Arnold taught us.



This is the last week of the change. We find out changes next Monday. I`m actually hoping that I go up to senior comp. I want to be the one in charge. I want to stay out and work all day. In this mission, misisonaries usually go up their seventh change and next change is my seventh change. So we`ll see.



Elder Watson and I set some goals for this week. We want this to be the best week of the change. We want to have a lot of lessons and find some new investigators. We`re hoping it happens.



Anyways, it sounds like you are all doing a lot. That`s cool that you got some autographs Cameron. Keep me updated with the sports. What else? When do you find out if you`re having a boy or a girl Jenny? Thanks for the pictures Emilie. Annie is a cutie.



How`s your Labor Day? I know Uruguay has a Labor Day, but I`m not sure when it is. They have a lot of holidays here.



Thanks for telling me about Sister Flynn. I`m happy for her. Jason should be getting his misison call soon. Maybe he`ll come here, and I`ll be his trainer.



Anyways, I guess that`s about it for this week. I love you all.



Con amor,

Elder Ethan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment