Monday, September 20, 2010

The Work Continues Part 2

Sorry I pushed the wrong button and it sent the email.



Our new ward is cool. There are a good amount of people that come. They had Elder Arnett and I get up and introduce ourselves and bear our testimonies during sacrament meeting yesterday. We`ve been knocking on a lot of doors the last few days. It`s fun. We`ve had some interesting contacts. We knocked at one guys house and he opened his window to talk to us. We tried to shake his hand and he said, "I`m not going to shake your hand. I have nothing to say to you." Then he shut the window. Nice guy. Another lady compared us the Testigos de Jehovà. She doesn`t like the Church because her daughter`s friend`s dad couldn`t see his daughter get married because she got married in the temple. She said we`re like the Testigos because they`re not aloud to give blood even if one of their family members is dying. She said that`s not what Jesus wants. Then she went inside. Nice lady. I`m met some interesting people on the mission. Good times though.



I hope you`re enjoying the heat. It`s warming up pretty quick here. It`s still a little chilly in the morning then it warms up quick. I can`t wait for the nice, hot, humid weather. ¡NOT! You sound nice and busy Dad. Good times, right? How`s school going for everyone? Is there anyone new in the ward? Tyler hits his year mark this week which means I hit my year mark in six weeks. I don`t like that. Time needs to slow down.



How`s the misisonary work in the ward? That`s a bummer that not very many investigators went to that activity. I know how that feels. Tell those missionaries to never give up. Everything works out in the end.



I have one favor to ask. When the Jamboree letter gets mailed to me, can you send a little 5 by 7 photo of the Mesa temple. When I tell members that Mesa has a temple, they want to sometimes see a picture. The problem is I don`t have one. Deseret Book or some Mormon store should have one cheap. Gracias.



I guess that`s it for this week. Nothing else to report. Until next week...



Con cariño,

Elder Ethan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment