Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Change Week

Dear Everyone,



How is everyone? It sounds nice and hot there. How`s the basement? You`re right Mom. Being a missionary has a lot of perks. That`s pretty cool that you`re in the musical Weston. Let me know how that goes. Is everyone staying busy? I am. How`s school going for everyone? How`s work?



Changes are today, September 14th. You can go ahead and out that on my calendar. I am leaving Playa Pascual. I`m going to Montevideo . I`m going to an area called Flores 11 Bis. My new comp is Elder Arnett. I`ll be junior comp. We are actually opening the area. It`s part of the AP`s area. I guess hat means that I`m an AP now. It sounds like a cool area. The AP`s just came to our house to get my luggage. I had to rush to pack all my stuff because I didn`t know when they were coming. Anyways, while I was packing they were telling me about the area. I`m excited to go there.



Last week was good. We met our contact goal for the first time this change. We found some new investigators. All in all, it was a good week. I hope that the investigators we found progress. Some of them were so-so. They didn`t seem to interested.



I got bit by a dog last week. It wasn`t bad. It didn`t break the skin. We were talking to this lady outside her house when I felt a sharp pain on the backof my right ankle. I looked down and saw a little rat dog running away. I have always wanted to kick a dog, and that was my chance. Too bad it ran away too fast. I also got hit in the head by a soccer ball yesterday. We were walking down the street, and there were some kids playing soccer. One of them kicked the ball and hit me in the side of my head. He didn`t do it on purpose. Anyways, no harm done. All is well.



I gave a talk on Sunday. I had about ten minutes to prepare. Elder Watson was asked to give a talk a couple of weeks ago. They never asked me, but I was thinking that I would give one. I was right. We were sitting in priesthood when the second counselor in the bishopric called us out. He confirmed that Elder Watson was giving a talk and then asked me to give a talk. Good ol` procrastination. I was asked to talk about how members can better use Preach My Gospel. After priesthood, I had to run home quick and grab Preach My Gospel. Then we had Gospel Principles so I couldn`t prepare anything then. I had a little bit of time just before Sacrament meeting started. Anyways, it went well.



I guess that`s about it for this week. Not much more to report on. Until next week...



Chao,

Elder Ethan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment