Monday, October 11, 2010

Saludos

Querido Familia,

Saludos de Uruguay. How`s everyone? That thunder storm sounded awesome. Thunderstorms are the best. There have been a couple of big storms here, but nothing like that one. I assume the tree trimmer dudes were busy the next day as they usually are the day after a big storm. Anyways, what are the plans with the Eagle Project? What`s going to happen. Have you been saving a lot of money Weston? Mine was great because I didn`t have to pay for it. I hope that goes well. Is anything going to happen around the house this week? Are there any projects waiting to be done? How long will everyone be in Orlando ? Maybe thet`ll see Ryan or Branton. That would be cool.

Last week we had interviews. Presidente and Hermana Heaton have been visitng all the houses in the mission. Mopntevideo was the last to get their houses checked. All the houses in my zone got checked last Thursday. That was a long day. We were in the house until 6 PM. The zone leaders kept calling us and telling us different times so we had to stay in the house until they got there. Hermana Heaton gave us a big list of kitchen supplies to buy because every house in the mission is getting an oven by order of Elder Arnold. (Apparently he was appauled that we only had a little stove and a microwave to cook with. So he told the office elders to get us ovens.) Those are getting delivered this week. We all have a long list of things to cook.

Yesterday was a great day. We found a new investigator. His name is Sebastian. We were walking down the street and saw him sitting in front of his door. I think he was hoping that we would talk to him. The first thing he said was, "I speak English. I want to practice." Elder Arnett stood there while I talked a little bit about the Restoration. It was a little difficult. It was weird talking about those things in English. He was really open. He thought Elder Arnett couldn`t speak English because he wasn`t saying anything. We gave him a Restoration folleto to read. He gave us a book about his religion. He also tried to get me to drink mate. I told him that we`re not aloud to drink mate. He kept saying to me, "It`s not drugs." He eventually gave up. That was a miracle find. We fasted to find new investigators and we found him. It was really awesome.

I have a favor to ask. Whenever you send me another package(probably Christmas), can you send me an electric razor. Using a normal razor takes too much time in the morning. Or you can send me money and I`ll get one here. Maybe that`s smarter. It`s up to you guys. Also along with the temple picture can you send me a small map of the US . Some people like to see where Arizona is and all that good stuff. Gracias.

I don`t know what else to report on. We slept in this morning. Lasr week was long. I think the time change has something to do with it. Our bodies haven`t adjusted yet. We were dead so we decided to sleep in. It was great. So refreshing.

That`s it for now I guess. I hope you all have a great week. Until next time...

Con amor,
Elder Ethan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment