Monday, November 15, 2010

What A Week

Dear Family,

First off, thanks for the sending the money for my new camera. It works great. I`m not sure what happened to the old one. I`m defenitely going to save money by not having to buy a bunch of batteries. I christened it today. Elder Longfellow and I went to a huge cemetery. We had to have a permit to take pictues. There were even some open graves. We couldn`t see any bones or stuff. We also walked by the ocean and got a some cool shots of Montevideo . The camera works great. Thanks for the Christmas present Mom and Dad.

Last Tuesday and Wednesday, we had a training conference. I`m pretty sure I mentioned that last week. It was great. A lot of the other missionaries were whining. They said it was boring and that they didn`t learn a lot. Oh well; their loss. I learned a lot. Presidente and Hermana Heaton and the AP`s taught. Everything came right out of Preach My Gospel. A lot of missionaries just aren`t studying Preach My Gospel enough to keep those principles in their heads, myself included. We did a lot of practicing. I was on divisions with Elder Wilson. His comp and my comp already had the training so the two of us got put together. He`s younger in the mission so I was leading the lessons. It felt good. It was a new experience. I got to talk for once. My last few comps, and current comp, are all talkers. They don`t give me a lot of time to talk. I hope that will change. I hope I become senior comp soon so I can talk more. It was a great training meeting. It helped me realize where I need to improve.

We`ve lost some investigators. Andrès, one of our best, dropped us. He said he wasn`t really interested anymore. He was too busy at work and didn`t have time for us. That was a big bummer. Ana Laura, another great one, is out of town. She`s supposed to be back this week. Nelly is doing great though. We talked with her yesterday. She started reading 1 Nephi. She sais she believes the Book of Mormon is true. She hasn`t prayed yet though. We explained that we have to pray to receive a witness from the Spirit. She said she would read and pray. We mentioned baptism again. She was baptized in the Catholic church and didn`t see the need to get baptized again. We quickly explained the priesthood because we were short in time. She understood. We set up another lesson for this week. That`s the report there.

I saw a poster for Harry Potter 7 today. It looks like it comes out this Friday, at least down here. That makes me trunky. I`m sure a lot of you will be seeing it. Don`t tell me anything about it though. What about the World Series? They should be over by now. Who won? Anything new in the world of sports?

I`m sure that broadcast was great. The one we had a couple weeks ago was great. One of the Elders here is from Gilbert and he said the Gilbert Temple groundbreaking is in a couple of weeks. Is that true? What about the Phoenix temple?

To answer your question Valerie, I pray in Spanish, write in my journal in Spanish, and do my scripture study in Spanish. It defenitely helps with the language.

I found a cool Nativity today. It`s twenty five bucks so I`m debating if I should get it. I can find a cheaper one but probably not like that. I`ll get you a cool Nativity Mom. Don`t you worry.

Anyways that`s it for this week. I`m sending home some pictures. I hope you all have agood week.

Les quiero,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment