Monday, November 22, 2010

I Have a Lot to Write About

Dear Family and anyone else that reads this,

First off, Hermana Heaton wants all of you do something. She is doing a Christmas activity and needs all your testimonies. So by next week I need you all to send me your testimonies. Those of you that know Spanish can write them in Spanish, of course. For those that don`t speak Spanish, write them in English and they will get translated. They don`t need to be long. Just write what you feel like writing. Gracias.

There was no uruguay t-shirt in the package to answer the question. I did get the t-shirt from Blaine and Carly`s wedding.

Baby Gavin sounds good. I`m happy to hear that. He sounds like a normal Jones baby. Nice and big, especially the head. I`m not surprised. Maybe he`ll be beat Cameron as far as weight goes. I`ll bet you`d love that Jenny. Haha.

That would have been awesome if you went to Church with a half haircut, Weston. You should have left it and grown out an afro. Mom and Dad probably wouldn`t have gone for that. Too bad. You`d fit in really well with the Uruguayo boys. They have some ugly haircuts.

I hope your tooth gets better soon Dad. Tooth aches are defenitely not something I like. Good thing we have pain pills. Anyways have fun with that.

I`m not sure how my Thanksgiving is goin got turn out. Supposedly, we`r eating as a zone. That`s not set in stone yet. We`ll see what happens. Hopefully it will be better that being stuck in the MTC. It sounds like your Thanksgiving will be fun. Are you all going to the Turkey Bowl? You`d better. I hope you all enjoy eating a piece of pie(minus pumpkin yuck) in my behalf. Let me know how it all goes having all the family there.

I did divisions last week with Elder Christoffersen. He`s only in his second change so he still can`t speak the greatest. It was all up to me. I was pretty nervous the whole time. That was my first time working with someone so young in the mission. It was a big learning experience.

The work is going well. We`ve been finding a lot of new investigators. The problem is we can never find them again. That gets frustrating because thye`re cool and then they disappear. We do have some progressing investigators though. Our best investigator is Nelly. She`s making good progress. We haven`t been able to have a sit-down lesson with her for a couple weeks. We always have to stand at her gate and talk. She`s reading the Book of Mormon diligently. When I was on sivisions with Elder Christoffersen, she told me, "No one could have made up this book. The names and the stories. It`s not possible." That made me happy. She said she believes the book is true, she doesn`t want to pray about it. Well it`s not that she doesn`t want to; she doesn`t see the need to do it. We`re going to help understand so she can get her own testimony. Our mission goal is to have a "White Christmas", and Nelly is going to give us a "White Christmas".

We found a really cool guy yesterday. His name is Jorge We contacted him a while ago and he told us that if we ever saw sititng in his yard, we culd go and talk to him. Yesterday afternoon we saw him sitting in his front yard and pounced. We sat on the wall and chatted for a while. We got to know him and then started to teach him about the Restoration. When we got to the Josè Smith story he was still listening but didn`t seem all too interested. Just then a younger guy walked by. He was a recent convert that Elder Longfellow and I met last week. Apparently the two know each other. Anyways this young guy just stats testifying to Jorge about the truthfulness of the gospel. He told him he had the Melquisadec(not sure how it`s spelled) priesthood. He showed him his oil vile and said that he could give blessings. He told him how his life had changed since becoming a member. It was PERFECT. Jorge started to really get interested. We explained the Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. We told him we wanted to give him a pamphlet and the Book of Mormon. Apparently he thought that we were just going to give him the pamphlet because he said, "I don`t want that. I want the Book of Mormon." It was awesome. The Lord defenitely had a part in that. He put that recent convert there at the right time. The Lord works in mysterious ways but HIs way is ALWAYS the best.

It`s great being part of the Lord`s work. I love testifying even when most of the people don`t want to listen. My testimony gets strengthened daily. I`m learning a lot and I love it. I`m so glad I got sent to Uruguay . I just hope I can fulfill my purpose here. I agree wihtoy Dad. It`s great being part of the Lord`s work. It`s defenitely not easy but so rewarding. The Lord always prepares a way.

I guess that`s it for this week. Have a great Thnksgiving. Enjoy your feast. I hope you all have a good week.

Les quiero,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment