Monday, November 8, 2010

¡ODIO MÌ CÀMARA!

Dear Family,

In case none of you could figure what I wrote for the subject, it says I HATE MY CAMERA. Last week I put all the pictures I had on my card onto a DVD. I just tried to look at them, but it won`t work. It shows the file name but it won`t show the pictures. To top it off, all of the pictures are no longer on my memory card. It looks like they got erased. I lost the pictures that I took on my year mark because that happened in the last week so they weren`t on the DVD. I HATE MY CAMERA. I don`t know if it`s the camera or the memory card or what. It`s starting to tick me off. I`ve decided that getting a new camera and a new memory card will probably be a good idea. It may just be the memory card but the camera isn`t good either. It goes through batteries like it`s its job. I found a good Kodak camera today. It looks like a good one. It`s got a rechargeable battery. It`s 12.2 mp. Kodak is s good reliable brand. It`s $200. Mom and Dad I will pay you back when I get home. I think this is the best idea. If I can`t get the DVD to work I`ve just lost all the pictures from the first year of my mission. I hope that DVD starts working. I guess that means I won`t be sending more pictures home. Sorry.

On a happier note, we had a good week last week.We found five new investigators. They`re all really legit. One of them is Ana Laura. She was really interested and she`s smart. She said, "If you two didn`t think this message was true, you wouldn`t be thousands of miles away from your homes sharing this message." I agree with that 100%. She accepted to get baptized if she knows that the gospel is true. They all accepted to get baptized if they recieve a testimony. One of them, Nelly, didn`t accept the baptismal invitation at first because she already got baptized in the Catholic church. We had to explain a few times that one has to get baptized by proper priesthood authority. She finally got it. That made last week awesome.

Tomorrow and Wednesday, I get to go to a training meeting. I mentioned this a couple of months ago. The Church has come out with eight new lessons to help missionaries teach better. They are not replacing the lessons in Preach My Gospel. They`re just helping us be better teachers. They are going to start teaching these lessons in the MTC in May. Before then, all the missionaries already in the mission field have to be taught the lessons. In our mission we have them every three months. I found out last night that it`s my turn to go. It`s from 8am to 6pm tomorrow and Wednesday. I`m looking forward to it.

Summer is gettig really close. Last week defenitely wasn`t cool. Yesterday we didn`t get a lot done. We left after lunch and were out for about an hour when Elder Longfellow started feeling sick. We went back to the house so he could rest and cool down. We left again at six and finished up the night. I`m just glad I`m not up north where it`s even hotter.

Friday was a weird day. It didn`t feel like I had already been on the mission for a year. We made brownies to celebrate. I also burned a shirt and recorded it. It was cool. As I was trying to fall asleep Friday night, I was thinking about that has happened in the last year. I speak another language fairly well. I know how to better share the gospel with others. I`ve learned how to better trust the Lord and many other things. With those thoughts came the thoughts of inadequacy. I still have so much more to learn. I should be able to teach the gospel better. I should be able to speak Spanish better. I should trust in the Lord more. That`s what the mission helps people do. It looks like it`s going to take two years to learn all these things. That`s why Elders serve for two years. I guess the sisters are smarter or something because it only takes them eighteen months. The point is, I`m looking forward to trhe next year. I can`t wait to learn more.

I guess that`s about it for this week. I hope you all have a good week. Oh congrats on the musical. Until next week...

Les quiero,
Elder Ethan Jones

P.S. Happy Birthday tomorrow Charles. I`m going to find a good card and send it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment