Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Statehood Day

Dear Everyone,

Well the Lord`s work continues. We had three people come to church yesterday. Two older men and a ten-year old girl. Their names are Jorge, Jacinto, and Yessica. Jorge and Jacinto will be getting baptized February 26th; next Saturday. We`re pretty excited. Yessica won`t be getting baptized yet because we have to talk with her parents first. We`re going to talk to her dad because her mom is a naughty person. Here`s the story why she`s naughty. I was on divisions last week with a new missionary. We went to teach Jorge. He lives with his friend. This naughty girl happens to live there as well. From the moment we got to the house, this girl just stood in the doorway and laughed and talked the whole time. It was hard to concentrate. Then she decides to bring out a very naughty picture. She walks up to my comp and puts right in front of his face. What does he do? He smacks her hand away. Oh ya! It was great. Then she just stood in the doorway with the picture in front of her face. We just ignored her as best we could and finished the lesson. At the end, Jorge asked us for a blessing. This naughty girl continued doing her thing. Right before giving the blessing I finally said, "Please leave!" She said a few things and then left. We then gave him a blessing and left. Don`t mess with missionaries!

Elizabeth Ramos didn`t make it to church yesterday. Satan is working hard on her. It is very easy to see that. She`s not as excited as she was when we first met her, she doesn`t think she`ll be ready to be baptized by her baptism date, and she`s having a hard time giving up her last cigarette. I`m feeling that we`ll have to be firm with her at our next lesson and straight up tell her that Satan is behind everything. If she wants to beat him, she has to stand up and tell him NO. She`s a super nice lady. She wants to get baptized. She just has to show it more. She has to exercise her faith.

I totally forgot that today is Statehood Day. Happy Statehood Day! 99 years young. We`ll have to all go see MOTAB next year.

The school system changed a little. That`s cool. Taylor won`t have as many teachers and Mesa will have a lot more. Where is Little League going to be now since they`re building a new building? They better not get rid of it.

I`ve been in this area since October 26th; almost three changes.

I`m about out of time. I`d write more but my comp is pretty strict about being out of here on time.

I hope you all have a good week. Keep doin` what you`re doin`.

Les quiero,
Elder Jones

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I've recently found this blog & read it all - good luck, Elder Jones! I hope the remainder of your mission goes well.

    I found your blog because I was setting up a blog for my own Elder Ethan Jones, my son, who went to the MTC 2 weeks ago today - he's on his way to Detroit, though. His LDS mail account is sort of similar to yours, so if you ever get email from his friends, they probably just got confused. :)

    Anyway - just wanted to say good luck (and it felt weird to read all the blog posts without saying hello). Feel free to follow my Elder Jones' journey at our blog - dearelderjones . blogspot . com :)

    ReplyDelete