Monday, February 7, 2011

The Mission is Going Great

Dear Family,

Well, last week I saw the Lord`s hand in His work again. First off, we had a miracle find. It happened Saturday afternoon. It was about five and we were walking to a bus stop to go to the church. We went the way we always do because it`s quicker. We don`t have to back-track to get to the bus stop. Anyways, we were walking down the street when we heard someone shouting at us. This guy named Jorge says, "The missionaries taught me five years ago in Buenos Aires . I never got baptized, but now I want to." Those words are music to a missionary`s ears. He said he`s having some problems and decided he needs to get baptized. Yesterday we picked him up at his house and took him church with us. He`s awesome. I don`t know if it was the Spirit making sure that I would on that street or just me being lazy and not wanting to walk more than I have to. Whatever it was the Lord was involved. That was just another example of someone the Lord prepares to receive the restored gospel. There have been many times on the mission when I`m tired and want to go home because no one is listening. Thankfully, I have experiences like that that keep me going.

Elizabeth, one of our other star investigators, is doing great. She went to church yesterday(by herself). She`s just accepting everything. The missionaries have tried teaching her for years, but she was never interested. Those other missionaries planted the seed and now we`re sowing it. She wants to get baptized. These are her words; "It`s my time to become a mormon." Yet another example of the Lord preparing His children to receive the gospel. All these experiences help me to remember that, even if people choose not to listen to the gospel right now, a seed is being planted that future missionaries can sow. It`s great being part of the Lord`s work. I know the gospel is true, and I`m grateful to be sharing it. If the Lord can take someone like me and turn him into a missionary, he can do it with anyone. I hope you all being missionaries. Remember D&C 24:12. It`s one of my favorites.

We had special guest in our ward yesterday. Elder Foster, of the second quorum of the seventy, along with his wife, decided to visit our ward and the other ward that shares our building. He`s the secondcounselor in the area presidency. We actually showed up to church early because we misjudged how long it would take to walk from Jorge`s house to the church. Anyways, I walk into the chapel see Elder Foster and his wife talking to the stake president. I recognized right away and thought, "Wow! There`s a general authority here. Oh boy!" We actually started sacrament meeting at 9:30 instead of 9:45. I guess having a general authority come means that church has to start on time. Needless to say, a handful of people showed up late. He got up and bore his testimony at the end. He`s still learning Spanish, but did well. That was another cool experience.

All sounds well back home. That`s good. Everyone is up to something. The weather finally cooled down there. It`s about time. The weather is constantly changing. Today is cloudy and there`s a slight breeze. That means tomorrow will probably be scorching hot. Oh well.

I have one little favor to ask. I lost my oil vile. I`ve never seen one in the distribution center. Whenever you send the calender, can you send a cheap oil vile as well? Gracias.

That`s all for this week. I hope you all have a good week.

Les quiero,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment