Friday, December 18, 2009

Another letter from Elder Jones

Hola,
This has been a good week. My disrtict is now the oldest district
here. I can´t believe I´ve been here for 6 weeks. I only have 3 weeks left.
The new missionaries got here today. There are 5 new North Americans and
they are going to my mission. I met one of my new roommates. He seems pretty
cool. He has some facial hair. I don´t know how he still has that. My other
roommate should be here today sometime. That´s enough of that.
Proselyting last Saturday was great, as usual. It was mostly better
because it wasn´t raining. It was bright and sunny, perfect proselyting
weather. We met a lot of people. We ran into some English speakers, once
again. We are so lucky with that. We got one referral. We going to try and
contact them this Saturday. We met most of our goals. The only goal we
didn´t meet was our referrals. We only got 1 instead of 2, but I still feel
we did a good job. The best part of the day was our cita with Poly. We had
to wait for a while, but she finally answered her door. There was a mix-up
with the times. It was a great lesson. She is very religious. Her 2 kids are
very important to her. She reads the Bible with her kids. She prays every
day. She is the perfect investigator. We taught her about the importance of
families and how the gospel blesses families. We also talked about the
Restoration, of course. (Funny story- While I was teaching her about the
Restoration, a mosquito supposedly landed on my head. The next thing I know,
she leans forward and smacks across the head. It was kind of scary. I don´t
even think she killed the mosquito. Oh well.) I really enjoyed the lesson.
We have another cita with her this Saturday. I´m excited for it.
The weather here is alright. It´s defenitely not winter time here.
It rains about twice a week.
Congratulations Cameron on getting your Arrow of Light. Have fun in
Boy Scouts. I have a few words of wisdom for you: don´t be lazy. When you
start a merit badge, keeping working on it until it´s done. Don´t start and
then stop because it´s hard to start working on it again. Just work hard.
You are not going to like it at times, but it´s worth it. When you´re at
your Eagle Scout Court of Honor, you´ll be glad you did it. Also, thanks for
the sports updates. It´s nice to know that our teams are doing well. I hope
your book is coming along well, also.
That´s too bad that Mesa lost, but at least they made it to the
state game. That´s a big accomplishment. They did a good job this year. They
went up against a lot of tough opponents and did a good job. Tell everyone
that they did a good job. Can you do that for me?
Thanks for the letter Emilie. I have only been here for 6 weeks and
I can tell that I am understanding quite a bit. I´d say about 75%. Speaking
is a different story. I´m getting better at it, but I still have a long way
to go. Tell Brisa hi for me. I hope she is feeling better.
Tell Grandma and Grandpa Jorgensen hi and thank you for me. The
package should be here this week or early next week. Thankyou. I guess
that´s about it for this week. Thanks for everything. I love you all. Talk
to you next week.

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment