Friday, December 11, 2009

Hola

Hola Familia,
This has been a good week. The weeks have been going by so fast. I
have four weeks left here. It´s crazy. The highlight of my week was
proselyting. We are in the same area for three weeks. We went there last
Saturday so we have two Saturdays left in that area. Last Saturday was good.
It rained all day though. No bueno. Anyways we go dropped off at the church.
My area was pretty far from the church. Elder Marchant and I started walking
in the general direction of our area. We got there about 45 minutes later.
The streets here are laid out so bad. I do not like that. So we finally got
to our area. We were really excited because we could finally set up
citas(appointments). We had to walk to the farthest part of our area because
the other part is pretty much commercial. The part we were in was pretty
residential. Those are the areas we like proselyte in. We clapped aty one
house and lady started talking to us through the window. Her name was Poly.
She said she was taking a test and told us to come back later. So we walked
around for a couple of hours and got some contacts and ate lunch. Then we
went back to that lady´s house. It turns out she has the lessons before,
about four years ago. We asked her if we could come by again and teach here
and she said yes. We are going to teach her on Saturday. That was one of two
citas that we set up. Our other cita was with a guy named Alejandro. We had
about 20 minutes before we had to start heading back and we wanted another
cita. We saw this guy cleaning out his car and went and talked to him. We
started teaching him and then he told he spoke English. That was great.
Elder Marchant and I seem to run into alot English speakers. Anyways, we
talked for about ten minutes. We tried giving him a Book of Mormon but he
said he already had one. That was a good sign. We challenged him to read
Moroni 10:4-5. Wer asked him if we could come back to teach him more. He
said yes but we have to call him the night before because he doesn´t know if
he´ll be around on Saturday. We are really excited. Please pray us and for
Poly and Alejandro.
This is part is for Emilie. On Monday Elder Zivic and his wife came
and talked to us. A member of the area presidency comes every three weeks
and he was the one that came this time. When I went to introduce myself I
was planning on telling him that he was my sister´s mission president.
Before I could say anything he and his wife both said, "You´re sister was in
our mission." They remember you very well. They told me to say hi for them.
He also talked about you a lot during his lesson. I didn´t understand too
much of what he was saying because he was talking in Spanish but I did
understand a little bit. He kept saying you were a good missionary. That´s
all I got from it. Anyways, I thought that was a cool experience.
Thanks for the email Valerie. I know what you mean. I don´t know why
people won´t listen to us. It makes me sad sometimes. However it will all
work out. All the poeple that don´t listen to us will eventually listen. I
was reading in Alma today about the Sons of Mosiah. I can´t remember the
chapter or verse but it was good. The Lord was telling them to be patient
and he would give them success. From now on I am going try hard to be
patient. I know that I will find the people I am supposed to teach. Oh, by
the way, I don´t have a picture of you guys. I would like one. Oh and keep
up the good work with haircutting.
It sounds like the ward party was fun. I wish I could have been
there. It sounded like the food was pretty good. I enjoy me some Greek food.
I hope you all had a ggod time.
Yay, Mesa is going to state. Too bad they didn´t do it last year. Oh
well. I hope they do well. I hope you all have a fun time at the game and
Cabelas. Tell everyone in the ward that are involved in football good luck
for me. I really hope they beat Hamilton. Hamilton has won it too many
times. It´s time for them to step aside.
I hope fishing was fun dad. I wish I could have been there. I miss
fishing. We´ll have to do a lot in two years. Tell Nathan to do a good job
with the lights. Our house needs to be the best on the street.
It is getting very hot here. Summer is on defenitely on its way. I
wish it was in the 50´s here. That would be nice. Thanks for sending the
package mom. I can´t wait to get it, and I promise I won´t open til
Christmas.
One more thing. On Sunday we watched a devotional that Elder Perry
gave at the Provo MTC October 27. As I was watching I saw Tyler in the
choir. I didn´t know he could sing. It was funny to see.
Thanks for everything. Thanks for helping me get to where I am
today. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Jones

P.S. I hope Cameron got the birthday letter I sent him. If he didn´t, tell
him Happy Birthday for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment