Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas ¡Feliz Navidad!

Dear Family,
¡Feliz Navidad! Today is our P-day. I´m sure you were probably
wondering why I didn´t write yesterday. Now you know why. This has been a
great week. I have learned a lot this week. We have been learning the
subjunctive tense. That is a hard tense to learn because there is no English
translation for it. I don´t like it. I think Nathan will agree with me that
it´s hard. We also learned passive voice. That´s not very easy either. There
are two ways to do passive voice. There is an easy way and a hard way. Of
course, the people here use the harder the most. Oh well, I´ll pick it up
eventually.
Yesterday was a lot of fun. We took our group picture.
Unfortunately, we had to do it inside because it was raining outside.
Hopefully the picture turns out good. Classes were done at 4:30 yesterday.
That was so nice. I´m getting a little sick of class. Anyways, last night we
did a lot of stuff. We had a little devotional with Hermana Wilson about
some symbols of Christmas. It was cool how they all related to the Savior in
one way or another. We also shared the traditions that we have in our
families. I talked about going to the temple Christmas Eve. I also talked
about Grandma Jones singing Poncho Clause(I´m not sure how to spell that).
After that we watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. I love that
devotional. It was really good. After that we got to go caroling around the
CCM. That was a lot of fun. A lot of people came and listened to us. It was
a very good day.
Today has been good so far. My district had Christmas together. We
all opened our packages together. It was fun. I´ll send some pictures home
eventually. Thanks for the gifts. The sweaters were great. Thanks for the
modified version of Green Eggs and Ham. It was a big hit in my district.
Whoever wrote that did a good job. The calender was great. It´s nice seeing
pictures of everyone. Thanks Jenny. The candy was equally great. The candy
here is alright, but it´s not like American candy. Thanks for everything. It
was great. The rest of the day should be great. A member of the Area
Presidency is coming to speak to us. We are also having a turkey lunch or
dinner today. Yum. We are also going to watch some other movies today.
On to the other stuff. Proselyting last week was good and bad at the
same time. It started off great. We had some good contacts. Then at about 1
or 2 it started raining hard. It was pouring. All I had was my umbrella.
That did´nt do much because it was windy as well. So within about 10 minutes
I was soaked. The rain kills everything. Nobody wants to talk on the
streets. Everybody goes inside. It´s not very fun. The biggest bummer of the
day was that we didn´t get to teach Poly. She never answered her door. We
went by her house 3 or 4 times. We were sad. We´re gonna have to turn her
over to the missionaries in that area. Hopefully she listens to them. It was
a hard day, but it was alos good. We had some very contacts. Next time we
are going to a new area. We will be there for two weeks. I only have two
proselyting days left here at the CCM. I leave January 5 at 4:30 in the
morning. I can´t believe how fast the time has gone by. I love it here, but
I can´t wait to get to Uruguay.
Thanks for writing me finally Valerie. Geez. Just kidding. It´s nice
that you get to be in Arizona for Christmas. I bet it feels good. I hope
James is doing well. It sounds like he´s becoming quite the handful. Lucky
you. Christmas here is defenitely different. It was still fun. Anyways,
thanks for everything.
Shelly, you finally wrote me. It´s about time. Thanks for the
pictures. They were great.It sounds like Travis is getting really big. Have
fun with that. Anyways, thanks for the letter. I enjoyed readig it. Tell
Brian to have fun in his new calling.
Jenny, thanks for the letter. I hope everything is going well for
you and Paul. It sounds like it is. Christmas has been good. We have a lot
that we are going to do today.Thanks for everything.
Thanks for the letters and for everything. This has been a great
week. Next week will be my last time writing from the CCM. Wow. Thanks again
for everything. Have a Merry Christmas. Don´t forget the meaning of
Christmas. You could think of Christmas as a Spanish word. Christ mas=more
Christ. So I´ll talk to you all next week. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment