Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Already?

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!
This has been a good week. I can´t belive 2009 is over. That year
went by so quickly. This is my last letter from the CCM. Next week I´ll be
in Uruguay. I can´t believe that the CCM is almost over. I am leaving Tueday
morning at 4:30. Our fliht doesn´t even leave until 7. We are going to be
sitting there for a while. Our flight is about 30 minutes. I have no idea
what we will do when we get there. We are staying at the mission home until
Thursday. After that, I´m off to the mission field. It´s finally here.
We went proselyting this last Monday instead of last Saturday
because they didn´t want us going out the day after Christmas. Apparently,
it pretty wild. So we went on Monday. We had a new area this time. It is
defenitely a more humble part of the city. It took us a while to get to our
area again. The maps we get are not very good. We finally got there though.
We had some ver good contacts. We set up a cita(appointment) with a lady
named Lucrecia. She seems very interested. We are looking forward to
teaching her. She was my second favorite contact. My favorite was our last
contact. I don´t remember his name though. Anyways, we stopped him and he
said he was in a hurry. He said we could give him a quick lesson. That
contact turned into a lesson. We taught him about a lot of different things.
My favorite part was when we were talking about eternal families. He was a
little confused about it so I explained it, as best I could. Then I
testifies about families. He seemed to open up after that. It was so cool.
We gave him a Book of Mormon that I had written my testimony in. He said he
would read it. Unfortunately he doesn´t live in our area so we couldn´t set
up a cita with him. We ended up talking to him for 20 minutes or so. Pretty
quick contact I´d say. Haha.
New Years was alright. We we took our final test. We had to memorize
a lot of stuff: D & C 4, principles and commitments for lessons 1 through 3,
my purpose, the first vision, and the baptismal interview questions. I got a
9 out 10. I was surprised I did that well. After that we had dinner and then
we watched the Joseph Smith movie. That is a great movie. After that we
really did nothing. It was just another normal night. No one stayed until
12. There were a lot of fireworks though. Today, we had a devotional about
the Great Apostasy. We ate lunch and now I´m here. It´s the story of my
life.
I have been staying healthy (knock on wood). I had a cold a couple
after I got here. I´ve had some headaches but nothing major.
I hope you had fun playing games with everyone. I ´m sure they all
missed me. The extent of our games here include playing ping pong, playing
fútbol, flipping pesos into each others shirt pockets, and throwing
different things back and forth. It´s actually pretty entertaining.
How´s the ward doing? Are there any new members? Did anybody get a
new calling? I got the December newsletter from the Cluffs. It was nice to
get it. I feel so special because I made to the front page. Whoo does the
newsletter now? It´s different that it used to be.
Thank you Valerie for counting down for me. What would I do without
you?
I think that´s about it for today. Thanks for everything. You are
all the best. I guess I´ll be writing you from Uruguay next week. I hope you
have a great week.

Love,
Elder Jones

P.S. I´ll try and email some pictures home when I get to Uruguay.

No comments:

Post a Comment