Monday, January 11, 2010

Bella Union is Hot

Dear Family,
How`s everything going? I know I haven`t written for aq while, and
you are probably wondering why. We never got a chance to last week. We were
too busy when we got here. Now you know.
We left the CCM Tuesday morning. The airport took a while. It took
the people a while to get all our luggage checked. I was getting pretty
anxious because I wanted to call home. We finally finished though and got to
the gate. My phone card didn´t work. I didn´t what to do with it so I just
used some of my pesos. As you know I only had about a minute to talk. It was
moce talking to you though. I`m glad I surprised you. That was my goal. I
hope you can wait until Mother`s Day to talk to me again. It`s only four
months away.
We stayed at the church offices Tuesday and Wednesday. We did a lot
on Tuesday. We had to go to the doctor to get some blood taken. They only
had to poke me once. They didn`t miss. It`s all part of getting our
residency for Uruguay. After that we had lunch. It was so good. Hermana
Petersen made it. Then we had a lot of orientations. Boring. We eventually
went to bed. I slept god that night. Wednesday morning we went to the
temple. It was awesome. I did it all in Spanish. I understood a little bit.
It was still good though. After that we got our companions. Presidente
Petersen had us all line up against the wall and our trainers came and lined
up behind us. They sang “Llamados a Servir” and then we got to turn around
and meet them. After that, we ate lunch. We had to stay in Montevideo for a
while. Our bus to Salto didn`t leave until midnight. So, we did some
contacting. I didn`t understand a thing. I have to get used to this kind of
Spanish now. It was still fun. Finally our bus left. We got to Salto, had
district meeting, and then caught a bus to Bella Union.
Enough about that. I guess I should tell you a little bit about my
trainer. His name is Elder Da Silva. He is from Paraguay but his English is
pretty good. His dad is the president of the Montevideo mission. It`s a
small world. My area is called Bella Union. It `s a small city at the very
north western tip of Uruguay. It`s right on the border of Argentina and
Brazil. I can see Argentina if I walk a few blocks. I like it here. It`s
very hot though. There is a lot of rain though but that just makes it more
humid. When it is raining though, it feels good.
I haven`t been talking a lot. When we go and talk to people, I just
sit there. I still don`t realy understand them. My goal this week is to talk
more. I have to talk more this week because I have to give English lessons
to a little boy. We left this boy`s house the other day and Elder Da Silva
said I was going to give him English lessons. We`ll see how it goes. The
first lesson is tonight.
Oh ya. I gave a talk yesterday. One of the counselors came up to me
yesterday, 45 minutes before church started and asked me to speak about
having trust in the prophet. It was only fibe minutes, but everyone said it
went well. So I guess it went well.
I have been meaning to ask you mom. Can you print out my emails and
put them in a binder like you did for Emilie? That would be swell if you
could.
Congratulations Brisa. You get to be a big sister, and you`re
staritng to crawl. Fun times for your parents.
I hope you enjoyed your time in Arizona, Valerie and Charles. Now
you get to go back home. Have fun. Tell James hi for me.
I know exactly what you mean Dad. I am nervous and excited. My
trainer is very good. He still has a year left so he is not to trunky yet.
That`s nice. He will teach me a lot.
Thanks for the updates Cameron. The Cardinals are stil going strong.
That`s good to hear. The Sun`s also seem to be doing good. Thanks for
updating my chart. Keep writnign me.
Have fun with your project Mom. It sounds like you have your hands
full. I`m sure you don`t mind though.
You can send letters to me in two ways. You can send them to the
mission home or you can send them through pouch. The addresses are on my
facebook page. You can ask Carly to look them up. You can also use gmail. I
don`t remember the address so I`ll talk about that in the letter I`m going
to mail.
I think that`s about it for now. Thanks for all the support. You
guys are all the best. I`ll write a letter home to see how long it takes to
ge there. Anyways, I love you all.

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment