Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Letter from Elder Jones

Hola Familia,
How`s everything going? Everything is going good for me. This has
been a great week. We have made a lot of progress with our investigators.
Oscar is one of our investigators that is really close to baptism. We have
been giving him a lot of focus. He has been having problems with his wife,
who actually isn`t his wife because they`re not married. Elder Da Silva gave
him some scriptures to read the other day. We asked him if he would go to
church and he said yes. He kept his promise and came to church yesterday.
Elder Mace and Elder Smith, the other two Elders ,here, in Bella UniĆ²n, had
two baptisms yesterday. Oscar was able to watch those. He said he liked it.
We committed him to bring his wife and two daughters to church with him next
week. He promised us so I hope he does.
Another investigator closet o baptism is Julio. He has had some
problems in the past, but he really wants to change. We give him a few
verses from the LDM to read every night and the next day w ego and discuss
those with him. He is getting really close to baptism. We need to get him to
church a few more times and he will be ready for baptism.
My Spanish is coming along. I still don`t talk that much because I`m
still trying to figure out what the people are saying. I`ll eventually
figure it out. Elder Da Silva has been helping me a lot. I`m glad he`s my
dad(trainer). It must be a missionary thing to call your trainer your dad. I
have been learning a lot of missionary lingo here. It`s like missionaries
have their own set of vocabulary.
I almost broke my knee last week. We were playing volleyball
Thursday night. There is a sports night every Thursday at the church. I was
going up to spike the ball and the obispo was on the other side trying to
block it. I`m not exactly sure what happened. All I know is that the obispo
hit the side of my knee really hard. I couldnt walk on it for a while. It
was a little sore. I`m fine now though. You don`t have to worry Mom.
We gave our landlord a blessing the other night. I annointed and
obviously had to do it in Spanish. It went well. Elder Da Silva had to tell
me what to say at some parts but it went well. I need to practice that a lot
more.
Thanks for the updates Cameron. My companion is Elder Da Silva. He
is from Paraguay. Uruguay is five hours ahead of Arizona. We are on daylight
savings right now, I think. Have fun in Scouts. It sounds like you will.
Axes, knives, and saws. Fun for you and Mom.
It`s nice to hear that things are going well for Will and Sharisse.
They seem pretty serious. Rock on. Mom, it was my English scriptures that I
said were falling apart. I fixed them so they`re good now. You don`t have to
worry about it. Tell Kayli Happy Birthday for me. I forgot to mention it
last week. Also tell Valerie, James, and Grandma Jorgensen Happy Birthday
for me. It`s noche to know that the Church recognizes that I`m a missionary
now. Haha. Question: Why do Emilie and Irving have three foreign Exchange
students? One more question: Could you sace The Beehive that has my picture
in it? I would like to have one.
This is for Nathan. We had lunch with Familia Molina the other day.
He served in your mission about the same time as you. He served from `99 to
`01. He says he kind of remembers an Elder Jones. I`m going to show him a
famliy picture when I see him again. I was just wondering if you remembered
an Elder Molina.
Anyways, I think that`s about it for this week. You guys are the
best. Thanks for the support and the letters. Keep praying for me. Remember:
HLJ(Haz lo Justo).
Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment