Monday, January 25, 2010

Hola

Hola Familia,
How`s everything going? I am doing great. We have had a busy week.
We did a lot. Last Wednesday was Zone Conference in Salto. That was really
neat. At the end, Elder Haviland, Elder McRae, and I got to bear our
testimonies. All of the greenies get to bear the testimonies at their first
Zone Conference. After Zone Conference we did some contacting around Salto
before we had to catch our bus to go back to Bella Uniòn. We almost missed
our bus, but we got back safe and sound.
Elder Da Silva and I had two baptisms yesterday, Moises and
Veronica. We had to go pick up both of them, or else they probably would not
have come. We finally got them there. I got to baptize Veronica. That was
really neat because it ws my first time baptizing someone and I got to do it
in Spanish. Elder Da Silva wanted me to be able to do the baptizing for my
first baptism. Yesterday was vert good.
Today we are in Salto for P-day. We are going back to Bella Uniòn
tomorrow. We left at 3 this morning. I slept the whole way. We have a lot
planned today so it should be fun.
My Spanish is not that good. It`s still pretty hard trying to
understand people. Most of the time I can`t understand people because they
are talking too fast. I ask them to slow down and they immediately start
talking fast again. People always ask me if I know how to talk and I always
tell them I have nothing to say. I tell them that when I can understand them
better I will have more to say. That`s what I`m working on right now, trying
to understand. Eventually I`ll learn. I just need to be patient.
It sounds like you are all staying busy at home. I hope that Blaine
and Nathan are enjoying working on the truck. I`m glad it`s not me. The part
Blaine needs is a sway bar bushing bracket. What else? President Ashby is
right, President Peterson is awesome. I`m going to miss him when we get our
new mission president. We will probably find out who are new mission
president in a few weeks. President Da Silva replaced President Ashby.
It sounds like Ryan is doing well. Can you send me his mission home
address? That way I can send letters to him and Branton. I never sent Ryan a
letter the last time you gave me his address so I assume it`s probably no
good. It sounds like he`s ging to have a lot of work to do now. Fun for him.
What`s with everyone getting pregnant? Didn`t Chelsea just have a
baby? I`m going to have a lot of new people to meet when I go home.
I hope Connie is doing well. Next time you go to get water, can you
tell them I will send pictures as soon as I can. I have not forgotten abou
them. There are just no places in Bella Uniòn where I can print out
pictures.
How was Ward Conference? Was the building pretty full? Bishop Meek
finally got released. He was in a long time. What is he going to do with
himself now?
Thanks for the updates Cameron. The Colts and the Saints are playing
in the Super Bowl. I`m going to say that the Colts are going to win.
Congratulations on making first chair. I only made first chair once in all
the years that I was in orchestra. It was 8th grade.
I am looking forward to your letters Weston, even if you`re doing it
for points. Get your Eagle Project done. Don`t be lazy like me. Remember,
you can`t get your license until you have your Eagle. What`s this I hear
about you being in the school musical? What`s the mission choir?
I think that`s about it for this week. We are staying busy and
working hard. Thank you for your letters. You guys are the best.

Love,
Elder Jones

P.S. Who thinks that I am updating my blog myself? That`s pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment