Monday, February 1, 2010

3 Months Already

Dear Family,

How is everything? My three month mark is on Friday. Wow. That was a quick
three months. Anyways, how is the nice, cool weather? I wish we had nice
weather here. So far today hasn`t been too bad, but it will get bad by the
end of the day. Last week was really hot. It`s so hot that Elder Da Silva
and I can`t sleep at night. We are going to buy another fan today and see if
that helps. Elder Da Silva wants to ask Hermana Peterson if we can buy a
portable AC. That`probably won`t happen since the cheapest one is 6000
pesos.

Last week was very busy. We met with a lot of our investigators. A lot of
them are progressing very well. The older brother of a recent convert told
us that he needs to be baptized. We were really excited. We are hoping that
after he gets baptized, his mom will become active again. That would be
awesome. What else? Moises and Veronica, two of our investigators that got
baptied last week, failed to show up to church yesterday to be confirmed. It
sucked because we couldn`t call them because most people here do not have
phones. We alsop couldn`t get a taxi because we had no money. Hopefully they
show up next week. We are going to talk to them a lot this week to make sure
they know that they need to come.

I am getting a lot of exercise everyday. Our area is forever far away. We
walk at least 6 miles a day. Fun stuff. My stomach is getting bigger. The
members here give us so much food. I`m usually full after one serving, but
then I have to eat another or else the members get offended because they
think I don`t like the food. So maybe I will put on some weight.

It sounds like everything is going good back home. Thanks for updating my
blog and facebook. Have my friends use the gmail address. Make sure they put
Elder Ethan Jones on the subject line. If my friends do decide to write me,
make sure they put their mailing adress so I can write them back. Have fun
during little league season. Tell Cameron good luck. I know he`ll do well.
If I can make it through tryouts, anybody can. Nice poem Weston. I`m
surprised that came from you. Who knew that you could write? I`m actually
surprised.

Do we have alo of new people in the ward? It sounds like there are. I hope
the ward conferences go well Dad. I am looking forward to getting your
letter.

Bella UniĆ²n is treating me good. You`re right dad, it is pretty poor. If I
remember I`ll send some pictures home so you can see. There is only one ATM
here so we usually have to wait a while to get our money. I got my monthly
money today. I got 2600 pesos. That`s not a lot though. It`s only like 135
dollars. It gets me through the month though.

I`m going to write some letters to Jennifer and Paul and Brian and Shelly.
They probably won`t get there for a coulpe of weeks though. The mail system
is very slow here.

Anyways. I thinks that`s about it fo now. I`ll talk to ya next week.

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment