Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Go Saints

Dear Family,

How`s everything going? I`m doing good. I do sweat a lot, however, I haven`tsweat a lot the last few days. We had thunderstorms all day Thursday,Friday, and Saturday. The rain took a break yesterday. It got really hot andI was sweating like crazy. Thankfully, the rain is back today. It rainedthis morning and it looks like more rain is on the way. My clothes areholding up fine. I`ve had to sew a couple pairs of pants but nothing major.The seamstress at Pomeroy`s didn`t sew my pants very well. I have worn mylomg sleeve shirt twice since I got to Uruguay. I wore it to ZoneConference, and I wore it when I performed a baptism. It`s going to stay ona hanger until winter.

I didn`t write letters last week to Jenny and Paul or Brian and Shelly. Ididn`t have time. Eventually I will get a letter written to everybody. I`llprobably hand write them because I don`t have enough time to email everyone.

Our investigators are progressing nicely. Moises came to church yesterdayand got confirmed. Veronica didn`t come. She said she was going fishing.Lame excuse. We have some work to do with her. She doesn`t understand theimportance of the Espìritu Santo. We`ll keep working with her. We watchedFinding Faith in Christ yesterday with the son of Moises. He`s probably inhis early twenties. He said he would like to learn more. We get newinvestigators a lot. We got four new ones last week. We are going to staybusy.

Elder Da Silva`s dad is the president of La Misìon Uruguay Montevideo. It`snice having a companion whose dad is a mission president. Elder Da Silva`sdad told us about our new mission president. He is from Utah. He wouldn`ttell us his name though. I`m sure you guys could find out if you looked inthe Church News.

It sounds like the family is doing good. James and Brisa are learning towalk. Fun times for there parents. Travis is getting ever bigger. Kayli isdoing good, and Hazel quit dance. Brian told me all that last week in hisletter. She is a funny girl.Tryon number two is due on your birthday Mom.Nice.

How did tryouts go for Cameron? I`m sure he did fine. Weston made it intothe regional orchestra. I`m glad I never had to do that. I lacked themotivation, but congrats to him anyway. The Jamboree is getting closer. Iwish I could go again, but I`ll be doing something better.

I wish I was helping with Sharing Time. I loved that. That Sunday was alwaysfun. The best one was a few years ago with Bishop Brubaker. Dad probablyremembers that. Good times. Are the Young Men helping or is it only theYoung Women?

How`s Water Mart doing? You talked with Neil Mom. He still hasn`t turned inhis papers? What the heck. I hope Connie is doing good. Just so you know Istill have water duties here. We have a water cooler in our house, and whenwe run out I get to put the new one on. All that traing I had at Water Martwas for a reason.

I have learned a lot about Uruguay the last 5 weeks. First, EVERYBODY drinksmate. They walk around with their cup of mate and an insulated mug full ofhot water. I think it looks gross. I think the best description is that itlooks like horse poo. Anyways, second, fùtbol is huge down here. It is verypopular. I`m not surprised though. Third, everyone has a motorcycle. Somepeople have cars but mostly motorcycles. Fourth, everything dies duringciesta. You guys can ask Nathan about ciesta. Artgentina practices it too.Those are the most prominent things I have seen so far. If I see more, Iwill add to the list.

That`s enough rambling from me. I hope everything is going well. Thanks forthe updates. Oh ya, go Saints. Take that Payton Manning. Have a good week.

Un abrazo de oso

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment