Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Statehood Day

Hola Familia,I´m in Salto today for pday. Changes are this week so pday is today insteadof yesterday. I´m staying in Bella Uniòn with Elder Da Silva. This will behis third change there. I will mostly likely be in Bella Uniòn for threechanges as well. Everything is going well. My feet aren`t really botheringme. They`re sore at the end of the day just because we walk a lot. Theorthotics really help. I`m staying healthy. I have been eating well. I eatcereal in the morning(big surprise). We eat lunch with the members. Theyfeed us well. We eat a lot of pasta. It`s so bland. There is no flavor. Idon`t like it very much. We also get a llot of beans and rice. I like itwhen we eat that. It`s usually pretty good. For your information, I think Iam gaining weight. One of my belts fits me now. At the beginning, it didn`tfit me well, but now it does. I do need some stuff. Even with sun block, Istill get sunburned. I would like some Solarcain, the spray on kind. Thatstuff works really well. I could also use some more memory cards for mycamera. I have a 4 GB and and a 1GB. I think two more 4 GB cards wouldprobably last me most of my mission. I think that would be the easiest wayto save all my pictures. I can`t think of anything else.

We have been having a lot of rain. It will rain one day and be super hot thenext. The weather is weird. It should start cooling down next month. I`mlooking forward to the cooler weather.

It sounds like all is well back in the Valley. Will and Charisse are engaged. The plan worked. Rock on. I`m still waiting to hear about another engagement also. Any news on that? You know which one.

Carnaval started last weekend. Its the Mardi Gras of South America. BellaUniòn has been preparing for it for a couple of weeks. It`s very popular inBella Uniòn. It`s supposed to last for a couple of weeks. Luckily it onlyhappens at night so we don`t have to deal with the crazy people.

Before I forget, Happy Birthday Arizona and Happy Birthday Brisa. I guess Ishould also say Happy Valentines Day for those that celebrate it.

I hope everything is going well. It sounds like you are all staying busy.From the letters I`ve gotten, it sounds like the grandkids are doing well.I`m about out of time for today. I`ll say more next week. Thanks for everything.

Les amo.

Love,Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment