Thursday, March 4, 2010

Me Again

Hola Familia,

Espero que todo estè bien. All is well in Uruguay . We didn`t feel anything from the earthquake. We have been hearing a lot about it though. There are a lot of missionaries from Chile in my mission. They have all been calling their families to make sure they`re all right. There are two Elders from Concepciòn that have not been able to contact their families yet. They`ve tried calling and emailing but nothing works. They`re really nervous, which is understandable. Hopefully everything works out for them. We heard that all the missionaries are alive. That`s good. We were watching the news at a member`s house yesterday. They showed some of the damage from Santiago . It was pretty bad. I can`t even imagine how bad Concepciòn looks.

Our new mission president is Ronald W. Heaton. He`s from Utah. He gets here July 1 at 1 o`clock in the afternoon. Presidente Petersen leaves the same day at 5 o`clock. The two of them probably won`t be able to talk at all. We have Zone Conference on Wednesday so we will probably find out more about him.

There`s not much to report about. None of our investigators came to church yesterday. We were bummed. Most of them went to Carnaval in Brazil . Stupid Carnaval. We have a lot of investigators that have baptismal dates for March, so we are working hard with them. We have one really good investigator, Angelo. He`s great. I think I talked about him. He`s Catholic. He knows too much about religion. He tries to explain to us how our church works. It`s kind of funny. He doesn`t believe in Josè Smith. We told him the only way he can know is if he prays. He will get baptized eventually. It will probably be after I leave Bella Uniòn but as long as he gets baptized.

It sounds like all is well at home. Is it starting to warm up? It`s starting to cool down here. I heard the U.S. did pretty well in the Olympics. That`s good. What`s with Kurt Warner retiring? I guess Matt Leinart is the new quarterback. Blaine and Carly are getting hitched May 15. Nice. Too bad I won`t be there to make it awesome. They`re going to live in Globe. I guess Blaine won`t be selling his house. Mom, what`s the deal with going to Water Mart 20 minutes before it closed? I`m glad I wasn`t there because, as you know, I did not like when people did that. Oh well. I think that`s about it for this week. Thanks for everything. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Ethan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment