Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

Dear Everyone,



How`s the heat? I think it has gotten to the point where it goes to be really cold. It rained all weekend. Now it`s just cold. It`s not the kind of cold where you put on a jacket and that`s that. Oh no. It`s a humid and windy kind of cold. The winds goes through anything, and the humidity makes it impossible to stay warm. It`s great. The only time I`m really warm is at night when I`m in bed. We have a heater which warms up the room really quick and keeps it warm. Anyways, that`s enough complaining from me.



We keep getting blessed with more investigators. We`re staying really busy with them. Unfortunately, none of them came to church yesterday. However, a recent convert named Martìn brought his friend Marcos. Marcos is an ex-investigator, but now we get to start over with him again. I guess he wasn`t ready before, but now he seems interested. It`s all in the hands of Heavenly Father. The work here is hard though. Most of the time when we clap at houses, no one opens the doors. Whenever someone does open the door, they usually don`t want to talk. It`s hard to not to get frustrated. It`s a trial, but it`s all worth when someone does let us in. The hardest peopel to talk to are the Catholics. They are stubborn. On a side note: Last week we were contacting on the same street as the Testigos de Jehova. They worked one side, and we worked the other. They never stopped and talked to us though. Oh well. Another side note: On Saturday we had a lady yell at us. That was the first time I`ve ever been yelled at. We clapped at her house at 6pm. She opened her window and we introduced ourselves. Then she said in a mad voice, "Pero, por favor. ¿En èste momento?" Then she shut the door. That Elder Haslam and I a good laugh.



Mrs. Daniels died. She was my fourth grade teacher. She was great. That`s way sad. Was she still teaching at Franklin ? I thought she retired, but maybe she didn`t. I hope everything is well for them.



So it didn`t rain on graduation. That was nice for them. I wish that`s how it would have been for me. Scout camp and girls camp is the same week. The young women never do camp until July. It sounds like you`ll be busy Dad. Bishop Brubaker will be busy as well. I hope that goes well.



Did Kristen get home? I think she was supposed to finish this month. Her mission flew by.



I have a few things to add to the list. My jacket is not completely waterproof. Neither is the rainjacket I got at Sport`s Authority. I was wondering if you could send a good rain jacket and a pair of rain pants. My pants always get wet because there is sideways rain here. I figured Dad could get a discount at Bass Pro Shops since he`s got some membership. That would at least keep me dry.



I`ve been forgetting to do this. My mission address changed again. I don`t know why it changed again, but they said this is the permanent one. That`s what they said last time so we`ll see. For now, use this address.



Elder Ethan Jones

La Misiòn Uruguay Montevideo Oeste

1167 Enrique Martìnez

Montevideo , Uruguay

C.P. 11.800



I`m still looking for my memory card. I hope I find it. Elder Guardipee said he hasn`t found it yet. I hope someone finds. If not, oh well. That`s life.



I guess that`s about it for this week. Thanks for everything. Until next week...



Les quiero mucho,

Elder Ethan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment