Monday, May 3, 2010

Winter has officially started

Querido Familia,

Well it sounds like it has been a very interesting week. Dad you`re the new 2nd counselor. I can`t say I`m not surprised. When I found out that Pres. Rogers got released, it never crossed my mind that you would be the new one, but it makes sense. It will probably be the same as when you were bishop. All I can say is have fun.

Uruguay is all good. Last Friday was the first official day of winter. It`s not too cold,but it gets chilly. Elder Guardipee and I had a pretty lowsy week. We have an investigator named Nair. She had a baptismal date. We had to wait a long time to give her a date because there was a man living with her. The man finally moved out a few weeks ago so we were able to give her a fecha. We went by her house last Saturday. The first thing she told was, "No puedo bautizarme." The guy came back. She said she didn`t ask him to come back, but we think she wanted him to come back because she was lonely without him. We were kind of surprised, but we knew somehing like that might happen. We talked with her for almost two hours. We read a lot of scriptures. She said she wants to get baptized, but she`s not willing to change. We had to be blunt with her. On top of that, she didn`t go to church yesterday. It looks like we have more work to do. Bring it on.

So how are the temples coming along. I know the Gila Valley Temple got dedicated yesterday. How are the other two. Have they started building them yet? You guys told me there are two new missions in Arizona . Do you know where they are? Let me know.

Changes are next week, again. Time flies by. My six month mark is on Wednesday. The last six months went by fast. It`s already May. This year is already going by fast.

I am in need of a few things. I need more long johns. I haven`t seen any here, and, if I do find some, they will probably be expensive because everything is expensive here. The size of the ones I have now are small. Could you send me a few pairs of those? It`s starting to cool down fast. I would also like a collapsible laudry basket. A member washes our laundry so my laundry bag is usually at her house because it takes a few days to wash everything. I usually don`t have a place to put my dirty clothes. Also can you send me regular Uno. A lot of missionaries have it. It`s a great game to play with people. There`s also this game called It Came to Pass. It`s probably at Deseret Book. I`ve played it a few times. It`s another good game to play with people. I`m also almost out of Nutella. That does not exist down here. Another bottle of that would be nice. The best way to send it is using the USPS Flat Rate boxes. The correo down here never checks those because they take too long to open. Put a lot of tape on it as well, just to be safe. Gracias.

I have some good news. Presidente Peterson doesn`t care which day we call home. So I figured I`d call the 16th instead of the 9th because everyone will be in town, plus I`ll have more time to talk because everyone else is calling home this Sunday. The 16th also happens to be Mother`s Day down here. Go figure. I`ll probably call around 3 o`clock PM your time. I`m pretty sure it`s a four hour difference, but check that just to make sure. I figured that would make you all happy.

I think that`s about it for now. Until next week...

Les quiero,

Elder Ethan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment