Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Changes are here

Dear Family,

Changes are today. That`s why I didn`t write yesterday. I`m staying in my area. My new comp is Elder Price. We got to the mission together. He`s senior comp. I`m glad I`m getting a new comp. Elder Longfellow has some colorful language. It`ll be nice to not have to hear that all the time. It should be a good change.

Everyone sounds busy. How fun. I`m busy too so we`re all in the same boat. Good luck with all that work.

Irving has a new job? Where? When did that happen? How am I supposed to get cheap flights now? Hope the job goes well.

I`m glad Bro Harmon`s funeral went well. Is his family doing well? I hope so.

How`s school going for everyone? Anything new there? Weston you`re auditioning for some orchestra thing. Good luck with that.

I have no idea what to write. I hope this isn`t boring to read. If it is, I apologize. The further along I get the harder it is for me to know what to write about.

My ward should be having a baptism this change. Elisabet and Gabriel are progressing well. At our last lesson, Gabriel got teary. We read Alma 32 together. Verse 27 really touched him. It was really cool. Up until then, it seemed like he wasn`t really interested. It was mostly his wife, Elisabet. Once he read the Book of Mormon he changed. Preach My Gospel says that the Book of Mormon is key in our teaching. It has the power to convert people. I witnessed that first hand. Gabriel said he would go to church as well. He had never said that before. Unfortunately, they couldn`t go to church on Sunday. Some family or friends showed up. They called at 11 o`clock Saturday night. They`re sincere though. They really want to go. We just have to find a way to get them there. I know they`ll go though.

Two wards meet in our building. The missionaries in that ward and us planned a combined missionary activity for both wards. We planned it for this past Saturday. It was supposed to start at 7. The first and only person showed up at 7:30. She wasn`t even at church last Sunday to know about it. Someone told her. She left though. We left at 8. The members had a week to plan for it. I guess that wasn`t enough. We`re going to try it again in a few months.

I`m tying to send pictures, but this computer seems to be slow. I hope I can send a few at least.

I hope everyone has a good week. Talk to ya`ll next week.

Les quiero,
Elder Ethan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment