Monday, January 10, 2011

Saludos de Uruguay

Dear Family,

Wow, a lot happened back home. That is a huge shock about Bro. Harmon. He was a great man. I guess the Lord has other plans for him. I hope his family is doing well. It`s nice to know that death isn`t the end though. I`m sure it still hurts, but we know that we can live with our families forever. I`m sure that takes away part of the pain. I`ll be praying for them.

What else? Matt Garner is coming to my mission. Jenny are you sure it`s Montevideo West and not Montevideo? That would be awesome if I trained him. If any of you see Matt, tell him he`s coming to a great place.

Happy Birthday to Kayli. Six already. Yes mom, that does make me feel old. Oh well.

The mission is going well. Yesterday, we had a lady walk up to us asking for money. She was drunk. She said, "I`m 35. I drink, and I smoke. I have a problem." Yes you do," I thought. Then she asked us for money. She put her hand on my waist also. Then she asked us for our wallets. There was nothing she could have done though. She was wasted. Elder Longfellow shook her hand and then I did, but she didn`t let go of mine. She tried squeezing it. I thought, "Really? I guarentee that I can squeeze harder." It was weird. Anyways I pulled my hand away and we walked away. She left and continued asking people for money. Great experiences. Haha.

Yesterday was a difficult day. It was one of those days when we felt like we were walking around aimlessly. We ended up getting home a half hour early because Elder Longfellow`s feet hurt. That always one of the hardest things to do: keeping your day full. I hope this week is better.

Jenny don`t be mad at me. I tried sending pictures, but my computer is too slow. I promise to send some next week. Cross my heart and hope to die.

I hope you all have a good week.

Les quiero,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment