Saturday, January 1, 2011

¡FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!

Dear Family,

So this is the first email of 2011. WOW! How was New Year`s Eve? Who
went to the annual party? Mine was good. We had permission to be out
until 10:30 last night. A family invited us over for dinner. The dad
is awesome. He speaks a little english so he loves talking with us.
Just before midnight, we got on our roof to watch fireworks. I had my
watch so I was able to do the countdown. I got it all on video. The
fireworks were great. It sounded like a battle; the same as Christmas
Eve. We ended up sleeping on the roof. It felt great outside. We put
our mattresses up there. It took a while for me to fall asleep because
people were still shooting off fireworks. I slept good though. I
actually had to use a blanket. We slept until about 9. Today is our
day to catch up on sleep. Our bishop invited us over for lunch. It was
fun to hang out with his family. They`re really cool. After that, we
took a nice, "little" walk. We didn`t want to stay in our house all
day today so we decided to go hang out with two other elders. We had
to walk a few miles to hang out with them. All the public
transportation is closed today, except for the taxis, but they`re too
expensive. It took us almost two hours to get there. The other elders
weren`t even there when we got there so we ended up walking through
old town. It was completely dead. We ran into a missionary from the
other mission who is going home. He`s touring with his parents for a
few days. They`re from Sterling, Canada. After that we ran into the
other two elders, and now I`m here writing to you all. I don`t know
what`s going to happen tonight. We have an all-day pday. We`ll see
what happens.

The work is good. Elizabeth is going to church tomorrow. She is
defenitely getting baptized. I`m really excited about that. We have
some other investigators still. We haven`t seen them for a while so
we`ll what happens with them. That`s the update.

I hope you all have a good year. Make it a good one. My next pday in
January 10th. After that, they`ll be back to normal. Until then...

Les quiero,
Elder Ethan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment