Monday, January 24, 2011

The Work is Great

Dear Family,

Bueno, first off, before I forget, I`ll answer Matt`s questions. He doesn`t need rainboots. I hardly ever use mine. I woruld take three regular pairs. I suggest they have a leather inside instead of fabric. For shirts I`d taken seven short- sleeve and 3 or 4 long-sleeve. I suggest the brand ENRO from Pomeroy`s. They`re really good. They should easily last two years as long as he takes care of them. Tell him to take a ski coat. DON`T buy the coat from Pomeroy`s. Luckily I brought my ski coat with me. I also wouldn`t buy CTR Clothing brand. I`ve had to fix a lot of my my pants and my suit. Tell him to go somewhere else. A mummy bag is nice to have in the winter. It gets pretty cold. Blankets didn`t do it for me. I ended up buying a mummy bag from another missionary. I also recommend buying white pants from the Distribution Center . They`re cheaper and a better quality. This last one is just a tip: if he brings a watch tell him to get one with a metal or plastic strap. Fabric straps soak up the sweat and then they don`t have a pleasant aroma. Send me his address so I can write him a longer letter. I`m sure I`ll remember other things later.

Everything is going well down here. Elder Price and I gave talks yesterday. It was about missionary work. I used Elder Nelson`s talk from last October`s conference. He talked about being an example of the believers. My focus was to try and help the members figure out that one of the best ways to share the gospel is to always be an example of the believers. I think it went well. Elder Longfellow is lucky he got transferred. He barely snuck out of that one.

Things are going great with Elder Price. This is his second change as senior companion. He trained ast change. We got to Uruguay together. We`re both in our tenth change. We`ve been comps for only five days and I`ve already learned so much from him. I can already see why President Heaton put us two together. President Heaton really does rely on the Lord when he does changes. I`m really looking forward to this change. Yesterday we gave a baptismal date to a fifteen year-oldboy named Andrès. His friend, Pablo, is a less-active member. Last week he asked Pablo if he could go to church so they went yesterday. We had a lesson with him yesterday afternoon and he committed to getting baptized. His mom is really happy that he wants to go to church. We`re talking with her tonight to ask for permission tobaptize him. If we can, we`re defenitely try and give her a baptismal date. His baptism is scheduled for February 19th. We had a great lesson with Elizabeth on Saturday night. We talked about testimony. We wanted to make sure she had a testimony or was at least praying to receive one. She was crying and telling us about the difference our message has been making in her life. She also had some doubts that we were able to reslove. Her biggest doubt was about why the men and women fo to separate classes during church. Elder Price explained it vert simply. He said that men and women have different duties. The men go to one class tolearn their duties and the women go to another to learn theirs. She was cool with that. She enjoyed church. Now we just have to make sure she keeps coming. That`s the update for now.

I have one request. I have twenty pesos(one dollar) right now. I was supposed to get reimbursements over a week ago, but they haven`t come yet. I don`t know what the problem is. So can you put some money in my account Mom. That would be great.

That`s it for this week. I hope you all have a good week. Be sure to share the gospel.

Les quiero,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment