Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dear Family,

Well first off I want to tell you all about a pretty neat experience I had. I always carry a copy of the Book of Mormon with me and a few pamphlets. I started doing that after my change with Elder Price. He always did that and I realized that I need to do that. Most missionaries don`t do that. Some of the missionaries actually think I`m kind of weird for doing it. Last week I saw the reason for it. We had a sports night at the church and afterwards we had to go to the store. I didn`t carry my proselyting bag with me because it was almost time to be home, but I did have the Book of Mormon. At the checkout, my comp started talking with the cashier. It turns out that my comp and his former comp had given her a pamphlet a while ago. Anyways something happened to it and she needed another one. We ended up giving her that pamphlet as well as the Book of Mormon. It was a really neat experience. It taught me that I need to always be prepared because I never know when the Lord is going ot put someone in my path. That was the cool story of the week. Oh and by the way, we started teaching a little girl last week who wants to get baptized. Her name is Brisa. I told her and her family that my niece has the same name and they were pretty surprised. Apparently Brisa isn`t a very common name in the states. Who knew? That`s the second Brisa I`ve met on my mission. We also found a new investigator namer Irma. What a small world. Everyone has the same name as the Tryons.

Yesterday I gave another talk. That makes seven for me since I started. Before the mission, I always got nervous about giving talks, but now it`s no biggy. Before I always had a hard time trying to take up all the time. Now I have to cut some stuff out. Hmmm. Whatever! So my talk was about missionary work as always. I decided to address the topic of being an example of the believers. I told everyone that being an example is one of the best ways to share the gospel. People will see the difference the gospel makes in our lives and they will ask questions. I used Elder Nelson´s talk from last October`s conference. I gave almost the exact same talk in my last ward, but I thought this ward could benefit from it too. The funny thing about giving a talk was that I`m the newest missionary in this ward. The other three hav all been here for at least three months and none of them have given talks yet. It`s alright though because I enjoy giving talks.

Today I`m going to see if I can have someone sew my shoe. It`s got a pretty nice rip in it, but I don`t want to get rid of it though because the sole is still good. I hope they can get fixed because I want my two pairs to last me until the end. I don`t want to buy new ones.

I haven`t received the package yet. I imagine I`ll get it tomorrow at district meeting. We get our mail once a week at district meeting. Thanks for sending it. What else? Were the cinnamon rolls delicious? Sorry that`s a stupid question; of course they were. Now you don`t have to do that for another year mom. Lucky you.

What did you eat for the dinner with Elder Rasband and Elder Gibson? Where is President Speakman`s daughter serving. I know she was getting ready to leave when I left.

This week should be the big week. Maybe Gavin is already born. Hope fully he gets here soon because I need to see some pictures of him. Why don`t you stop meesing around Jenny and get it over with. Just kidding. I guess he`ll come when he wants to come.

This is for Cameron. You didn`t know what the Death Star was? Where did you grow up? That`s common knowledge or at leats I thought it was. At least you know what it is now. Do you who Yoda is? I hope so. If not, you have some things to learn. Apart from that, congrats on making it to the state geography bee. I think you`ll make it to the finals and the last question will be about Uruguay. Luckily you just did a report on it so you`ll know the answer. I hope you do well.

Alright that`s it for now. I`m just about out of time. I still have to write to president. Ya`ll have a good week.

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment