Saturday, April 30, 2011

To Everyone

Dear Everyone,

Wuz up? Everything is going well here in Salto. We had a baptism this past Saturday. Her name is Marìa Noel. Unfortunately for her and us, the baptismal service wasn`t that great. There were twelve of us in attendance; six of those people were missionaries. All but one of the members who were assigned to help didn`t show up. I was upset because it kind of shows that no one cares about Marìa Noel. Some people did have good reasons not to go; sick, working, stuff like that. Others just didn`t come. It went well other than that. She got baptized which is the important thing. I just hope she feels comfortable in our ward. As far as I can tell she does. There are a lot of good people in this ward so it shouldn`t be a problem.

We`ve been finding a lot of investigators lately, but the problem is that we can hardly ever find them again after the first lesson. I think that`s a problem for a lot of missionaries. I feel that I try hard to apply our message to their lives, but sometimes I feel like I`m not doing it well enough because we can never find them again. Maybe it`s me or maybe they`re just not ready. I`ll just keep doing what I`m doing. It would help though if my comp and I would practice more during comp study. The only problem is we don`t have very effective comp studies. That`s one thing I don`t like about living in a four elder apartment. It`s easy to get distracted. Elder Siegel and I had a good talk about it. It hasn`t seemed to work yet, but we`ll keep at it. I think part of it is my fault because I don`t do as much as I could to get comp study going. So hopefully we can that worked out.

I know a lot of you know the Flakes. They live in Show Low now. Anyways, Jared Flake, who graduated with me, just got to the mission. What a small world. I wonder if he still remembers me because I haven`t seen him for a few years. I`ve been thinking about calling him up just to see if he does. I`m not sure if any of you really care about that, but I just thought it was cool.That makes three Jackrabbits in the mission now. We`re catching up to all those Toros.

So it`s Spring Break. It sounds like cinnamon rolls are about the only thing that is going to get done. How fun. Are all the young women coming over again? Good thing I`m not there otherwise I`d get suckered in to helping too. Whew dodged that bullet. Next year I won`t though. Lucky you, Mom. Everyone enjoy a cinnamon roll for me.

Well I guess I might be an uncle again this week. Just make sure he knows who Uncle Ethan is. I don`t want him freaking out when I hold for the first time. Annie better know who Uncle Ethan is as well. Emilie and Jenny, you two better be on top of that.

Well I`m out of things to say so I`m just going to end right now. Thanks for everything.

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment