Saturday, April 30, 2011

Gavin is here. Yay!

Dear Family,

Well Jenny you had a fun weekend. I`m glad I didn`t have to go through that. It looks like it was worth it though. Gavin is a cutie and you look exausted. Get some rest. Thanks for the pictures. If he was born at 9:30 yesterday that means that I was at lunch enjoying some baked chicken. It was quite tasty by the way. Congratulations Jenny and Paul. Have fun.

I got the package last week. Gracias. That key chain is way cool. A lot of the missionaries in my zone were pretty impressed. I guess that was the key chain that customs took from me last year. Those naughty people. Oh well. Now I have it and that`s all that matters. The oil vial is a lot better that my old one. I used for the first time two days later to help bless a member that was having surgery the next day. The Red Vines were gone really quick. They were quite delicious. I like the calendar. It looks great. Now I can finally know the date. Haha. My card is activated. The lady that helped me had to ask me some identity questions because I didn`t know my account number. Ut all worked out though. I`m good to go now.

What`s new here? We found out last week that Salt Lake made a tiny, little mess up. Actually it`s a big one. In nine weeks, about 30 missionaries will be going home. Of course to make up for it, a lot of missionaries were called here. The only problem is that they get here in three weeks instead of nine. Salt Lake got the dates mixed up and sent them a change early. Presidente Heaton now has to figure out where to put them all. All of the houses are already full as well as the areas. He has no idea what to do. He even called Salt Lake to ask if they could stay in hotels until they found houses for them. Salt Lake said no. Now he`s trying to see if we can make some six elder houses. I think he`s thinking about putting anothre companionship in my house. They`re are four of us already and that is too many. If that happens, the ward we share will now be split into three areas and they`ll be really small. I`m really interested to see what Presidente Heaton does.

Presidente and Hermana Heaton are really cracking down on obedience. Last week at interviews, Hermana Heaton told us all what kind of music we`re aloud to listen to and stuff like that. I`m cool with it. It needs to happen. Unfortunately, the missionary I live with don`t seem to care too much. The music in our house isn`t terrible, but it`s probably not appropiate for missonaries. I hope that next change, I`ll live with some missionaries that want to be more obedient. It`s a lot easier to be obedient when everyone else in your apartment wants to as well.

I got my shoe fixed last week. I picked it up today. It looks a lot better now. The good part was that it was cheap. It was four bucks. I want to make my shoes last. I do not want to buy new ones because that`s just a waste of money. They should last seven more months.

I met a little boy last week with my name. It`s spelled different but sounds the same. That`s the first time that`s happened. Thought you might like to know.

So April is practically here. ¡WOW! Where is the year going. School will be out soon. Any plans yet for the summer? While you are all dying from heat, I`ll be trying to stay warm. I actually had to pull out my sleeping bag a few days ago because the nights are getting pretty chilly. I probably won`t be putting it away for the next few months. How`s the weather there? Is it warming up yet or is it still pretty nice? At least it`s not humid there. I don`t like humidity.

I`m writing a little note to Matt Garner so can you forward it to him mom? I have to tell him about some things to bring.

There`s nothing more to report. The mission continues. I love it here. Thanks for the scripture dad. That`s a good one. I`m always trying to be more obedient and serve with more dedication. Thanks for the prayers and support. Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment