Saturday, April 30, 2011

To Everyone

Dear Everyone,

How`s everyone doing? Are the taxes all done yet? Are you exausted yet dad? Probably. I`m exausted, and I`m going to be exausted until I finish the mission, but that`s the name of the game. The Easter Pageant is this week. Next year I can see it again. I`ll see it at least twice next year: once in English and once in Spanish. Are you a pageant warrior again Nathan? Maybe I`ll do that next year. The Easter Pageant is something I really do miss. I always get the chills at the end. What a great way to remember the Savior. I think that, after serving the Lord for two years, it will mean a lot more to me. The Easter season means a lot more to me now as well.

Speaking of Easter, I do have something I want you say in your lesson. Read 2 Nephi 2: 6-8 and then tell the young women that we really do have a big responsibility. Everyone in the world needs to know what we know; salvation only comes through Christ. This time of the year is a great time to remember our Savior and Redeemer. One of the best ways to thank Him and honor Him is share this message of gladness with everyone. Read D&C 24:12 as well. It will help them get over the fear of sharing the gospel. That`s all.

Jason and Matt are about ready to go. What were their talks about? Who spoke with them? I need to write Jason a letter. I`ll most likely see Matt here so he doesn`t need a letter. Tell Jason felicitaciones and to work hard. The mission goes by too quick to not work hard. I`ll tell Matt that when he gets here.

We had ward conference yesterday and it was great. Presidente Tambucho dropped major cane. It was great. This ward needed it. In the combined relief society/ priesthood meeting he talked about why we don`t have a bishop. He straight-up asked the members if they were praying and fasting for a new bishop. About five people raised their hands. Presidente Tambucho told them to keep praying and fasting. He also told them to pay their tithing. I think it was a big eye-opener for the members. Hopefully they`ll start doing those things. For now we`ll get along without a bishop.

This week we should be having the baptism of Brisa. She`s really excited. We met with her last night and had a good lesson. The lesson, however, wasn`t really aimed at her. It was aimed more at her aunt. We talked about prayer which something that everyone needs to hear. Her aunt says she doesn`t believe in God because He didn`t answer her prayer. She prayed that he would heal her grandma, but He didn`t and she died. I had no idea what to say so I just started talking about what I knew. We read Mosiah 4:9-10 together. We told her that God knows everything. He needed her grandma for some reason. We told her that maybe we were the answer to that prayer. We showed to teach her the Plan of Salvation and to tell her that she would see her grandma again. We told her that it`s her choice to believe and that if she does she will find comfort. We gave her a Book of Mormon at the end. She didn`t commit to read it but she did keep it. One day, the seed we planted will sprout and she will have the desire to be taught more. It was a really cool experience. We all felt the Spirit. I think the girl even felt it but wont admit it. It`s experiences like that make the mission worth it.

Before I forget, tell the Smiths that I`ll be praying for them. If any of you see Joylin, say thanks to her for her example. She is a great example of patience and love to me.

That`s it for this week. I hope you all have a good week. This week will be slow for us because of Easter. It`s the Holy Week here and it`s very popular. I`ll let you all know how it goes. Until next week...

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment