Saturday, April 30, 2011

It Happened

Dear Family,

Well it finally happened. I`m leaving Montevideo. I`ve been here since May. I really enjoyed it though. I`ve seen a lot of miracles here. I`ve learned a lot of new things that will help me for the rest of my mission. Now it`s time to say bye to Montevideo. I`m heading to Salto. It`s a city on the western border; right next to the river. It`s about a six hour bus ride from here. I actually started my mission in that zone. It`ll be cool to go back. My comp is Elder Seigal. We`re in the same group. We`ll be proselyting companions. I`m looking forward to it. Go ahead and update the chart. March 1st. My last change was October 28th. I don`t remember if I ever told you that date. If not, now you know.

We had two baptisms last Saturday. I sent a picture so you can all see. I baptized the man standing next to me. His name is Jorge Abrèo. Elder Price batized the other man. His name is Jacinto Rivera. At the end of the baptismal service. they both gave really powerful testimonies. I love hearing Jacinto`s testimonies because he always says, "Sè que èsta es la iglesia legìtima de Jesucristo"("I know that this is the legitimate church of Jesus Christ"). I smile every time he says it. Elder Price and his new companion will be having a few baptisms in the next few weeks. This area is doing really well. I`m kind of sad to leave, but I know my new area will be good.

I totally traded ties with a Jehovah`s Witness on Friday. We were on our way to the church for our investigators` baptismal interviews when two of them stopped to give us some magazines from their church. The first thing I noticed was his tie. It was a pretty legit tie so I devised a plan in my head to get it. My plan was to tell him that I liked it and see what would happen. It worked because as soon as I told him I liked it, he asked if I wanted to trade. I did trade; probably one of the best trades of my life. Now I can officially say that I traded ties with a Jehovah`s Witness. Not every missionary can say that. You can all see it when I get home.

I hope my letter to Cameron arrived on time. If not, he can blame the Uruguay postal service.

Did you talk with the Ashby`s about me? Did they tell you about my area? I want to talk with them after the mission and just talk about Uruguay.

Tell Jason felicitaciones for me. Better yet I`ll send him a letter and tell him myself. Besides I need his mission address so I can write to him when he leaves. Who keeps you updated about Elliot? If there`s a way, can you send me his address. I haven`t talked to him for a while. Plus missionaries always like to receive letters.

Have fun with grandparent duty this weekend. What`s going to happen with church and everything? Is Brisa old enough to go to nurserey? If not, it`s going to be a fun Sunday. Disfrùtenlo.

That`s it for now. Next week I`ll be writing from Salto. My bus leaves at 12:30 tonight. That means I should be getting there around seven. Anyways I hope everyone has a good week. Peace out until next week.

Con muuuuuuuuuucho amor,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment