Saturday, April 30, 2011

Feliz Pascua

Dear Family,

First off about the suit. What happened is my pants faded and no longer match the coat. I guess I washed them too many times. One pair looks alright still so I`m going to get that pair dry cleaned to see how it looks after. I think it`ll be fine for now. If I feel that I need a new suit, there is one I can buy for 90 bucks. It`s a good suit too. I`ll let you know after I get my pants dry cleaned.

Now about the calling. I`ll be calling about 6:30 Uruguay time. I think it`s a four hour difference. You might want to check that. If that doesn`t work, I`ll figure something out. I want to make sure that this call is less than an hour. Maybe I can talk on speaker phone or something like that. We`ll figure that all out next week. As always though, I`ll call to give you the number and then you`ll call me back.

Do any of you know if Water Mart got the letter and picture I sent? I sent them almost two months ago. Can someone make sure because if they didn`t make it, I`m going to send another one.

The work is well here in Barrio Obelisco. Our investigator Brisa got baptized last night. I`m sending a picture so you can see. It was a really good service. There were a lot of members to support her. She asked me to baptize her. The water was pretty cold. When Brisa stepped in, she had a look of shock. I think the Spirit made up for it though. Her family is on the way to becoming an eternal family. Her parents are both members but inactive. I didn`t see it, but Elder Barton told me her dad was crying during most of the service. It was great. I don`t think I can say that enough. The other two Elders in this ward had a baptism on Friday so this ward is doing pretty well right now. To make it better, we found a really good investigator last week. Her name is Juliana. The lsson with her was great. When we were explaing the challenge of the BOM, she had some good questions. Every question was answered by telling her to do one of the three steps of the invitation. We have a follow up visit with her tomorrow and my comp and I are really looking forward to it. Other than her we`re struggling to find investigators right now. Luckily, all of the missionaries in my zone will be working in our area for a few hours tomorrow so that should really help.

Easter here was alright. Last week was one big holiday. Surprisingly it wasn`t as bad as thought it would be. We had a pretty good lunch yesterday. We had an endless supply of milanesas and rice. We had cake and pudding for dessert. I was quite content. Your Easter sounded good. No Jello eggs but that`s alright. Next year.

I think that`s it for now. I hope you all have a good week. Talk to you all next week.

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment