Saturday, April 30, 2011

New Change

Dear Family,

Today are changes. I`m staying here in Salto. My new comp is Elder Barton. I have no idea who he is. He`s relatively new in the mission. I`m senior comp. The mantle of the senior companion has fallen on me. It will be fun. The big group is now here. They got here this morning. They`re going to meet their trainers tomorrow. As far as I know President found a place for all of them. We were going to get more missionaries here in Salto, but now we`re not. That`s the update there.

Our investigators are doing well. Brisa is getting baptized next week. I think this is really helping her mom, grandma, and aunt to get reactivated. Her mom is already telling her that she needs to start getting ready for he rmission. Her decision to get baptized has ha a big impact on her family. That makes me happy. The gospel is changing them. We have a few other investigators who have committed to be baptized. We just have to get them to church now. We found one man yesterday named Aldo. He lives pretty far away. It`s a good half hour walk to his house from our house. It was worth it though. He accepted to be baptized on May 6th. The Lord is helping us. There are people in this area who are ready. I always pray that we can find them and we are. It`s great being part of the Lord`s work.

We have ward conference this Sunday. We`re all hoping that we get a bishop. This ward has been bishopless for over a year now. I`m not sure what the stake president is doing but I hope he calls one because we need one. The missionary work in this ward could be a lot better if we had one. Right now the counselors and the high councilman assigned to our ward are in charge. The bottom line is that we need one bad.

To answer your question mom, yes there are sisters in this mission. There are about twenty. There are four here in Salto. They`re pretty cool but Elders, of course, are better. That goes without saying. Haha.

Mother`s Day is this change which means you all get to hear my wonderful voice. What an honor for you all. I`m not sure yet how it will work but next week I`ll give you some information about it. Mother`s Day is May 8th right?

I do have a little problem with my suit. My coat doesn`t match my pants. I`m going to dry clean them and see if that helps. If not I may get a new one. There is one here for 90 bucks. I also might have you send me a new pair of pants. I`ll let you know how that turns out.

That`s it for now. Sorry it`s a short, boring letter, but at least you know what`s going on down here. Everyone have a good week. Enjoy school, the last week of tax season and all that good stuff.

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment