Saturday, April 30, 2011

ME ENCANTA LA CONFERENCIA GENERAL

Dear Family,

Before I forget to answer your mom, as I usually do, Matt Garner is not in the big group that`s coming. The big group will get here next Tuesday. Since Matt Garner is reporting to the MTC in May, he won`t get to Uruguay unitl July. Now you know. By the way, I have a funny story about that has to do with the big group coming. As you all know, last Friday was April Fool`s Day. To celebrate, our zone leader pulled a pretty good prank on my comp. He called the two other missionaries in my house and I pretending to be Presidente Heaton. He told the three of us that we were all going to train. Elder Siegel, my comp, was so mad. He didn`t say anything, but you could see it on his face. He went to bed right after that. Later that night, he got up to read his patriarchal blessing. Elder Watson was up and decided to tell him that it was a joke because apparently it really affected him. I think you could say that we got him good.

So moving on. How about General Conference? Good everything as usual. Uruguay was represented well by Elder GonzĂ lez. He`ll be the next apostle. Conference here gets watched in the stake centers. Of course we go there too. The cool thing is that we Americans have our own room to watch conference in English. We watched the Priesthood session last night because it didn`t start until 9 Saturday night due to the time change. It was recorded for us so we could watch it. It was in Spanish but that`s alright. By the way, I don`t know if any of you knew this but Elder Scott records his own talk in Spanish. I listened to part of it because I had never listened to it before. He speaks really well. Thought you might want to know. I`m really excited to get the Liahona now. I can`t wait to read those talks again. One other question. Are we related to Elder Pratt because he`s related to the Whettens? Just curious.

This is the last week of the change. My eleventh change is gone. Wow! I`m pretty excited to see what happens next change. President has a lot of changes to make. I`m really interested to see what he does.

Last Monday night I dedicated a house for the first time. That was a cool experience. The owners of the house are named Juana and Julio. They were a referral from an older couple in the ward. We visited them last Monday night for the first time and we found out really quick that Juana had some issues. Up until last Monday, she saw spirits in her house. Julio, her husband doesn`t see them. She describes them as realy ugly old people. How interesting! Some lady cursed her house three years ago and she`s been living with this problem ever since. Up until last Monday, she couldn`t sleep at all because these spirtis were always bugging her. We believed her because of the way she said it. I had no idea what to do. Luckily Elder Siegel listened to the Spirit and decided to dedicate the house. Juana and Julio asked me to do it. I`m not going to lie, I was a little nervous because I had no idea what to say. I just started praying and said what came into my mind. I asked Heavenly Father that He take ways the Spirits. At the end of the prayer Juana was quite cheerful. We could see hopw in her eyes. Elder Siegel told her that if she doesn`t think about the spirits, they wouldn`t come back. We went back again last Wednesday to see how she was. She was great. She was happy and cheerful. She told us that she was sleeping at night and that no spirits were coming in. She said that she saw a few outside that tried to get in, but as soon as they got to the gate, they turned and ran away. She and Julio both accepted to be baptized on April 29th. That was a testimony builder for me. The priesthood is defenitely real. We can use it to help anyone`s life. That was, by far, one of the coolest experiences I`ve had on the mission.

Felicitaciones Cameron. You did great. I bet it was way cool to be in the state geography bee. What an accomplishment. Give yourself a big pat on the back. By the way home, did you find parking? I`m guessing you did because you didn`t say that you didn`t. Lucky you.

I guess that`s good enough for this. Tune in next week. I hope you all have a good week. Until next week...

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment