Sunday, October 23, 2011

Changes Time Again

Dear Family,

Well we have changes today. I`m staying here with Elder Barton for another change. We`ll see how it goes. I`m trying to help him follow some rules a little bit better. With him it`s the little rules. Now I have another change to do that so we`ll see.

We have a lot of good investigators right now. Unforetunately none of them went to church on Sunday. That`s always the hardest thing. We can only do so much and then it`s up to them. We have two investigators that tried to drop us last week. It wasn`t because they didn`t want to listen; it`s because they think they can`t live up to the standards of the Church. Essentially they think they`re too weak. One investigator, Delia, has eye problems and leg problems so feels bad because she won`t be able to read the scriptures and go to church. We tried to comfort her, but she feels like she can`t do it. However during the whole lesson I was thinking, "I`m not dropping you." I had the idea of reading the Book of Mormon with her one or two times a week. She thought that was a good idea so. for now, we`re going to do that and let the Spirit work on her. Carlos, the other one that tried to drop us has some issues with the Law of Chastity. He thinks that he`s too weak to follow that law. We had a nice, little chat with him on Sunday afternoon and left him with some scriptures to read in Ether 12. We saw him again yesterday and he said that he had already read those scriptures and was reading them again. I see a lot of potential in both of them. They`ll get over their fears. We should have almost ten baptisms in June. We have a lot of investigators that are progressing so we`ll just keep praying that they can be ready. It all depends on our faith and their faith.

I got the email about Ryder. That`s great that he`s doing well. What a blessing. If anyone says that miracles have stopped they better think about that. I hope all goes well with him.

It sounds like the truck should be nice and ready for me to drive again. Haha. So is the van going to sit at the house more? Is the truck going to be your main vehicle now Dad? I`m cool with driving the van. Has anyone come to fix the truck yet? You still have just about a week to get it ready. Will you be hauling Baby? Kuruma 3 is going to get a lot of use this summer. Have fun at all those campouts.

So graduation is this week. Did you get a bunch of announcements? Are you going to Sunsplash Weston? Hopefully it won`t rain again. I guess that just makes it more memorable though. Have fun.

Well I guess that`s about it. Thanks for all the support. I love you all. Thanksfor everything. Keep it real.

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment