Sunday, October 23, 2011

¡It`s Soooo Cold Here!

Dear Family,

Well as you all can see from what I wrote as the subject, it`s very cold here. It all changed last week. It looks like all the remaining warm weather has left. It`s pretty much cold all day long. The thing that makes it really cold is the humidity and wind. The temperature itself isn`t bad. However, when combined with wind and humidity, it`s very cold. It`s impossible to be warm during the day. Everyone is just constantly cold. It`s even cold in the houses because they`re all made of concrete and have no insulation. The only time anyone is warm is in bed at night. The worst sound in the world is the alram clock because we all know that we`re going to be constantly cold until we go to bed that night. It`ll be like this until August. It`s all good though. I got through last winter so I can get through this one.

Moving along. It looks like Gavin`s blessing went well. Gavin is a pretty cute baby. Just so you all know I sort of participated in the blessing because there was one here in my ward. I didn`t here anything they said because there was no microphone and the person didn`t talk very loud, but it was a nice experience. Felicitaciones Jenny and Paul. Now you just need to have one more so I can be there for the blessing. Haha. Oh and by the way Jenny thanks for updating the blog.

I don`t know if you`ll read this Charles but good luck with all that stuff. Have fun getting all trained up to be a mountie. You have fun too Valerie. I hope all goes well with all of you.

I think that menu sounds good mom. In fact why don`t you make a little extra and send it to me... seriously. I miss your food. Noodles and tomato sauce and peas just don`t do it for me. Well I guess you can`t do that so just enjoy it for me.

Now for the work update. The truth is it`s pretty stinking tough right now. We had no one in church yesterday. One of the families we`re teaching promised(again) that they`d go but didn`t. The other investigator didn`t go either. We tried to visit her last night, but she didn`t want to talk to us so we`re not going to go for a while. It seems like we`re just bothering her. It gets really frustrating sometimes. We find great people but there is always something that holds them back. I came to a realization yesterday. I think I may have been called here just to be a planter of seeds and other missionaries will be the reapers of those seeds. That`s cool wiht me though. I just hope I can make a difference in someone`s life. Elder Barton and I are pretty much starting from nothing this week. We did find five new investigators yesterday which was nice becasue we finally met our goal of ten new investigators. Even with them, we still don`t have a lot. The main focus of this week will be finding, finding and more finding. Did I mention that we`ll be finding this week? I just pray and hope that we can see some results. I`ll let you all know how it goes.

Well that`s it for now. I hope you all have a good week. Enjoy all those summer activities and that nice, warm weather. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment